Live Event Steaming & Recording Equipment

AustinB

I plan on starting a Streaming and Recording service for Events such as Weddings, Concerts, and Races. 

Equipment List (Rack Mount-able)

Audio

Camera's.etc (3 Each)

Anything else I should need besides Cables and Mics?

Thoughts?

Looking for a Programming Project take a look here!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407332-looking-for-a-project-idea-start-here/

You need to make sure they have a beefy internet connection at the venue which I can almost guarantee you is never going to happen.

True, but it depends on the event, and weather I'm going to be actually streaming or not.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407332-looking-for-a-project-idea-start-here/

Other than a beefy internet connection you also need lenses, power sources, recording equipment, insurances, and also some backup equipment if something breaks.

You are quite young also, do you have any experience in streaming and videography?

The equipment are very expensive and can easily go to waste if you do not get any jobs or contracts for streaming at events.

You will also need a lot of contacts to get the jobs and contracts since there are bigger companies and professionals you'll be competing against.

You will also need to read up on forming contracts with your customers and on copyrights.

I would really recommend to start small and see if this is something for you before you spend a ton of cash on equipment you might never get the chance to use.

Other than a beefy internet connection you also need lenses, power sources, recording equipment, insurances, and also some backup equipment if something breaks.

You are quite young also, do you have any experience in streaming and videography?

The equipment are very expensive and can easily go to waste if you do not get any jobs or contracts for streaming at events.

You will also need a lot of contacts to get the jobs and contracts since there are bigger companies and professionals you'll be competing against.

You will also need to read up on forming contracts with your customers and on copyrights.

I would really recommend to start small and see if this is something for you before you spend a ton of cash on equipment you might never get the chance to use.

Yea, I have some experience. I was planning on starting small with a Single Camera setup, building up some sort of portfolio. might also change from a Studio Cam to something that that can record by itself.

When you were talking about contacts, you meant Managers of Bands/Artists?

Edited by AustinB

Yea, I have some experience. I was planning on starting small with a Single Camera setup, building up some sort of portfolio. might also change from a Studio Cam to something that that can record by itself.

When you were talking about contacts, you meant Managers of Bands/Artists?

By contacts I mean more or less everyone.

For example local indie artist who might want a music video, bars and pubs that have scenes, arenas that holds concerts and race tracks if there are any nearby.

I've never heard of a wedding being streamed but maybe get in contact with wedding agencies.

Get to know as many people as possible. You'll never know when someone needs a cameraman.

But be prepared for people not taking you seriously because of your age.

And try not to do anything for free.

People will try to take advantage of you.

• 2 weeks later...