gigabyte geforce gtx 780ti 3xOC secondhand

hi guys

i'm still a newbie and want to build my 1st gaming / video editing PC

i'm planning to buy this secondhand GPU which has been used for two months

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4839#ov

i got an offer for this GPU for only 290€ instead of 440€ for a new one.

is it okay to buy a used GPU? 

i'm kind of hesitating not because it's used, but because it has some bad reviews which i sadly don't really understand :(

If you buying it from reputable friend/seller, I don't really see a problem with it. Two months is nothing, It could be a little bit dusty but if nobody did any stupid things with it, go for it :)

P.s. Woudn't be better to go for GTX 970 you could get it for a little bit more, at least in my country.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

If you buying it from reputable friend/seller, I don't really see a problem with it. Two months is nothing, It could be a little bit dusty but if nobody did any stupid things with it, go for it :)

P.s. Woudn't be better to go for GTX 970 you could get it for a little bit more, at least in my country.

isn't 780ti better than a 970? sorry kinda new with this stuff

if i decided to buy a new one instead of a used one, should i go for a r9 290x or a gtx 970?

thanks ;D

They should be almost on par, if without overclock the 780ti could be only a little bit faster. But the 970 should run cooler and have better power consumption.

Both are good cards but I would personally prefer the 970 because of the reasons above :)

No problem man, glad to help :)

Check it for yourself :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

They should be almost on par, if without overclock the 780ti could be only a little bit faster. But the 970 should run cooler and have better power consumption.

Both are good cards but I would personally prefer the 970 because of the reasons above :)

No problem man, glad to help :)

Check it for yourself :)

wow 970 is actually pretty good. can you help me decide on what to get?

2 months old used GIGABYTE 780 Ti 3x OC for 290€ ( new price 440€ ) or new GTX 970 for around 300€

the only problem is that most of 970s are out of stock here in germany such as MSI 4G  for 350€ and ASUS STRIX for 370€

there is this one thou, is this one good enough? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5212#ov

it costs around 320€

wow 970 is actually pretty good. can you help me decide on what to get?

2 months old used GIGABYTE 780 Ti 3x OC for 290€ ( new price 440€ ) or new GTX 970 for around 300€

the only problem is that most of 970s are out of stock here in germany such as MSI 4G  for 350€ and ASUS STRIX for 370€

there is this one thou, is this one good enough? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5212#ov

it costs around 320€

I did looked up some benchmarks and review from Newegg on the Gigabyte one and it is beast of a card, don't see any problems with it I would grab it while you can :)

You got pretty good prices in Germany, greetings from Czech Republic neighbor :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler