The Slaughter House

Crow2099

Build Log: Slaughter House

This Pc is an Absolute beast compared to my prior machine which is an AMD Phenom II x4 9600b on a Micro ATX Biostar Motherboard with Patriot (2x2GB) 4GB DDR2 400Htz ram and an XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB graphics card.

The new Rig

Processor: Core i7 5960x

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB) 16GB DDR4 2800MHz

GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti Classified Kinpin Edition in SLI

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 with Corsair 140SP fans instead of the fans that came with the unit.

Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

Hard Drives: SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, WD Black 1TB

Peripherals

Monitor Main: Asus RoG Swift PG278Q

Monitor Secondary: SAMSUNG SyncMaster TA350

Keyboard: Logitech G15

Mouse: Madcatz R.A.T 7

Left hand unit: Nostromo n52 by Belkin

Speakers: Logitech Z-506 5.1 Surround

IMG_0164_zps9363418b.jpg

IMG_0163_zps9147a6b2.jpg

IMG_0162_zps95c54fe8.jpg

IMG_0158_zps4698c630.jpg

IMG_0157_zpsa18a417f.jpg

IMG_0156_zpsde195f91.jpg

IMG_0155_zps760b6b65.jpg

IMG_0154_zps46b5b2fb.jpg

IMG_0149_zpsd878c54c.jpg

IMG_0153_zpsebb7aee6.jpg

IMG_0148_zps764cdf34.jpg

I plan on doing a custom water cooling loop for the two GPUs and at a later date a custom water cooling loop for the CPU. I have already spent around $5k on this PC and I need to recuperate a bit.

I have to give a huge shout out to my buddy Ray up at Frys for helping make sure I got everything I wanted for this build. Thanks a lot man.

As for benchmarking I am still working on getting this rig into the Futuremark Hall of Fame for Firestrike and Firestrike Extreme. But I was able to get get into the Hall of Fame for SkyDiver at 59th place this morning.

A devil with fine manners can only still lead you straight to Hell.

Nice, although I would have chosen a different case.

And Firestrike HoF is full of quad/tri SLI/CFX isn't it?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Sooo jelly...

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

Nice, although I would have chosen a different case.

And Firestrike HoF is full of quad/tri SLI/CFX isn't it?

It does have results for those configurations but there is also a Hall of Fame for single card and two card SLI/CFX configurations.

It does have results for those configurations but there is also a Hall of Fame for single card and two card SLI/CFX configurations.

I thought you were talking about the general HoF which is all configs :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I thought you were talking about the general HoF which is all configs :P

lol. If only. But that would require me doing LN2 cooling of my whole rig and having extensive knowledge of proper overclocking to get up in those rankings.

I have to say the true bottleneck for me in this rig is the 3GB of Vmem from my GPUs. Running CoD AW at max settings I still run at the games capped frame rate of 91 FPS but it does take up all 3GB of Vmem. I can run Crysis 3 at max settings at 80-120+ FPS and it takes up all 3GB of Vmem (Crysis 3 really puts the strain on my cards by running up my GPU temps to 80 Degrees Celsius). And running Skyrim with all of my mods and ENB Series it still crashes out and I firmly believe it is due to the limited Vmem. So I am really wanting 2 EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Classifieds for 4GB Vmem and if Skyrim still crashes out on me then I will just have to do away with ENB Series.

• 3 months later...

So I have made a couple of changes to the build and it now has a G. Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD and that holds my games and most commonly used programs and I replaced the two 780 Ti Kingpins with two 980 Kingpins. I also have a water cooling set up in my rig for the GPUs but unfortunately the 980 Kingpins do not have water blocks made for it yet so my water cooling set up is no longer in use till EK releases the new blocks.