Are Razer Orange Switches good? 2013 vs 2014 Blackwidow Stealth

Go to solution Solved by Amosarthus,

Just bought the Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 with the blues. I'd rather use the blues than go Kaihl.

Just bought the Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 with the blues. I'd rather use the blues than go Kaihl.

• 1 year later...

they are a knockoff because the company was making them long before cherry lost the patent

but didn't Razer decide to make their own line of switches ? (razer branded kailh switches)

since kailh brown is not same as razer orange (same with green and blue)

but didn't Razer decide to make their own line of switches ? (razer branded kailh switches)

since kailh brown is not same as razer orange (same with green and blue)

yes razer had them change some things so they may have a different feel although I don't know how noticeable it is. But they are still built based on the cherry design.

yes razer had them change some things so they may have a different feel although I don't know how noticeable it is. But they are still built based on the cherry design.

But the main question is are they good enough ? its 100% clear that its not better than cherry. But would it just do if someone found it on his budget and wont spend more than 80 us$ on a keyboard (10-keyless).

But the main question is are they good enough ? its 100% clear that its not better than cherry. But would it just do if someone found it on his budget and wont spend more than 80 us$ on a keyboard (10-keyless).

most cherry clones will work just fine. If you want it then go ahead and get it. The only real thing I have seen about them is that the to parts of the switch are loose making thme have a decent amount of play in the switches. That isn't really something that most people will notice or have a problem with.

The blues in the 2013 are an older version and feel much better than 2014 or 2015 blues. Lucky you. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz