Need Recommendations For A New TV Setup+

Arshdeep

Yellow

So I will be moving soon, and am deciding to get a TV for my bedroom. One for my bedroom. I was thinking 32" or around 40 (I know 32 is the norm for bedrooms, but I think 40 is okay too). I currently watch Hulu and Netflix. I wanted to get a dumb tv with Roku 3. Should I also get cable? What Tv do you guys recommend and what type of a content set up? E.g. cable. dish, local, etc. And what internet to go along with it.

Thanks a bunch

TV Noob

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Yellow

So I will be moving soon, and am deciding to get a TV for my bedroom. One for my bedroom. I was thinking 32" or around 40 (I know 32 is the norm for bedrooms, but I think 40 is okay too). I currently watch Hulu and Netflix. I wanted to get a dumb tv with Roku 3. Should I also get cable? What Tv do you guys recommend and what type of a content set up? E.g. cable. dish, local, etc. And what internet to go along with it.

Thanks a bunch

TV Noob

How far would you put the TV away from your viewing spot? Chances are, there would be a benefit in going bigger.

Whether you'd want a traditional subscription service (cable / sat) or not (streaming + local) would depend on the material that you enjoy viewing (and of course your internet speed).

How far would you put the TV away from your viewing spot? Chances are, there would be a benefit in going bigger.

Whether you'd want a traditional subscription service (cable / sat) or not (streaming + local) would depend on the material that you enjoy viewing (and of course your internet speed).

Thanks for the reply.

About 5' away. it is a fair sized room.

I will probably stick with Roku 3 with hulu or netflix. With local channels in the Bay Area. Do you recomend a interent + Tv serice from ATT? how do you watch the latest movies (other than theaters)?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Thanks for the reply.

About 5' away. it is a fair sized room.

I will probably stick with Roku 3 with hulu or netflix. With local channels in the Bay Area. Do you recomend a interent + Tv serice from ATT? how do you watch the latest movies (other than theaters)?

You're welcome. At 5 feet away, I'd go for a 50" (or even a 55") with today's low prices. A 50-55 incher would fill your FOV quite well, similar to sitting from the back to the middle of a THX-spec cinema. The front row seats of a THX cinema can offer 53 degrees of horizontal FOV, which is bigger than a 65 inch TV from your viewing distance.

A branded 50 incher can cost less than 500 bucks these days, and it is probably a better investment than choosing a smaller screen.

The latest movies do not get distributed until they stop showing them in cinemas. Bluray discs are a good option if you can wait half a year to see the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

So you like to watch movies.

5 feet is not much but if really like a big ass tv on yo room, feel free. 50" more.

I recommend a tv size of 40, 42 inch maybe even 46.  When watching anything from a distance you actually don't want your eyes to go from left,right, up down.

And going to a smaller size tv should get you better picture quality.

I don't know about the tv-providers in Ca, shoudl ask others here or there feedback.