Help for a newbie

So I've just seen all of these things about Litecoin, etc. And I was wondering, could I mine then exchange for USD/GBP? If I was to do this, which coin would be best for this? My idea is that I could leave my mining programming to mine while I am at school and it would have mined 1 or 2 coins by the time I got home. I have seen kriegerrands but i dont know how the hell to do anything. What are hashes, blocks, etc? Any help is appreciated.

The Sven.

Your parents would be forking out an even larger electric bill, and it'll outweigh the amount you'd earn in bitcoins or whatever currency you prefer. Don't waste your time, it's not worthwhile right now, especially just for a regular gaming rig.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The 1-2 coins is very unlikely that you will mine that amount, but it all depends on what cryptocurrency

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

So I'm better off just getting a paper round or something :P?

You're better setting up a lemonade stand on the side of the road, it's not worth it anymore on a gaming rig :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So I'm better off just getting a paper round or something :P?

Either that or peddle your arse on the streets. Your choice mate. Personally i'd pick the paper round.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If you want to earn money then go build computers for people.

If you want to earn money then go build computers for people.

People keep saying that, but when someone ruins their computer because they download some garbage.

Or something breaks, i definitely don't want to stand there alone and have the support responsibility.

Not to mention you have to pay for shipping atleast one way when doing rma. 

And any rma could potentially take forever...

I am doing that for a friend after Christmas. Should I advertise on eBay or put up posters?

no use craigslist if you can deal with lowballers ebay you need a bunch of maintenance to sell.

People keep saying that, but when someone ruins their computer because they download some garbage.

Or something breaks, i definitely don't want to stand there alone and have the support responsibility.

Not to mention you have to pay for shipping atleast one way when doing rma. 

No craigslist in the UK