A little project?

Flight1sim
Go to solution Solved by LemonSpice,

wha?

just put specific elements in front of it

I want to stick a projector lens in front of my camera!

is it a ridiculous idea or is it possible?

I know I wont be able to mount it properly, but i can find some solution (toilet paper rolls FTW!) 

As for the projector, its an old, broken projector from 2000 I think. The lens has a focus ring, and thats all the technical details I know. I want to take out the lens (or lenses) and put them in front of my camera's lens. 

I've seen some discussion about it in the interwebs, but I want to try it for myself. 

What kind of change will there be from the default Canon G12, and is it worth it? (will it just be horrible?) 

(it is not a DSLR btw)

Im pretty much a noob in terms of lenses and stuff, so please speak noob-ish :)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

is it a ridiculous idea or is it possible?

I know I wont be able to mount it properly, but i can find some solution (toilet paper rolls FTW!) 

As for the projector, its an old, broken projector from 2000 I think. The lens has a focus ring, and thats all the technical details I know. I want to take out the lens (or lenses) and put them in front of my camera's lens. 

I've seen some discussion about it in the interwebs, but I want to try it for myself. 

What kind of change will there be from the default Canon G12, and is it worth it? (will it just be horrible?) 

(it is not a DSLR btw)

Im pretty much a noob in terms of lenses and stuff, so please speak noob-ish :)

unless the g12 has removable lenses it would be ductape and look bad real bad buy dslr christmas is upcoming you know 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

unless the g12 has removable lenses it would be ductape and look bad real bad buy dslr christmas is upcoming you know 

I dont care how it looks, but im getting an actual DSLR next year. 

Im bored now, and I want to try something new

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I dont care how it looks, but im getting an actual DSLR next year. 

Im bored now, and I want to try something new

i meant pictures will you cuud just put the projector elements in front of it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

i meant pictures will you cuud just put the projector elements in front of it

wha?

wha?

how would I go about doing that?

Would I have to just take one or two parts or lenses?

Well you were right!

The whole lenses didn't workbugthe last lens is a wide angle lens will post pics later