Stoping Skype Resolvers

Gofspar

Yay, my first tutorial, It's kinda shitty because I just woke up, I might revise it later.

NOTICE: If you have already been resolved or opened your skype already without a VPN or a proxy your IP has been cached by resolvers thus making this useless, if you have always been running a VPN just so you don't get resolved you can say fuck the VPN and just have this little handy reg file. :D

You might be wondering how the fuck do Skype resolvers work, I'll explain.

Okay so it works like this, there's a file in your Skype client called debug.log which logs p2p connections and connection status information for statistical use, and through a exploited client which it isn't really a client It's just a script, but what It does is it sniffs packets by adding you and then de-adding you from your contact list insanely fast (like 4ms) from sending a contact request which is basically a authentication request, then by your client receiving the request it holds a p2p connection open for a very short amount of time to display it on your recent messages, but in that time the server running that script sniffs for the auth packet and then gets the IP from the packet source.

Okay, now I see how Microsoft fucked up, how do I fix it?

Well, they tried to fix it with the built in proxy settings, but it doesn't work, so you have to force your skype to use a proxy and to do that we'll be using registry files for this.

(This works for the desktop version of Skype, not the 8.1 app version. http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]"DisableSupernode"=dword:00000001"ProxySetting"="SOCKS5""DisableUDP"=-"ProxyAddress"="1.3.3.7:6969""ProxyUsername"=usernamehere""ProxyPassword"="passwordhere"

So here is the base Registry file that you will use to proxy your Skype with, so this config works with two types of proxies being HTTPS and SOCKS5 so the line that says ProxySetting is going to be the proxy protocol of the proxy you are going to be using, SOCKS5 is usually better because it's easier on a servers CPU and RAM usages thus making it easier to take connections faster. (In the future I'll make a tutorial on how to host a private SOCKS5 proxy on CentOS 6.x and Debian 7.) In the meantime use a public proxy from goo.gl/Kjd4QC but sometimes they are garbage but I've found a few dedicated proxy servers but I'll post those in the end.

Anyway where it says ProxyAddress put the proxy IP and port in a IP:PORT manner so like 1.3.3.7:69 for example.

Then if you bought a private Socks proxy you will put the username in ProxyUsername and put the password in ProxyPassword then save it and then save your reg file and run it.

It might take a bit longer for Skype to establish a connection with the login servers, but it should only take 20 seconds AT THE MAX.

So now you ask "WHAT DA FUQ MY PROXY DIED AND YOU BRICKED MY SKYPE, BRUH." Well this little handy file is how you remove the proxy and then you can edit your old proxy config and just put a new proxy in and run it again.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]"DisableSupernode"=-"ProxySetting"=-"ProxyAddress"=-"DisableUDP"=-"ProxyUsername"=-"ProxyPassword"=-

So as promised heres a dedicated Proxy server I found a month ago and I have a pre-made config for you lazy people, Enjoy.

I hope I shined some light on the topic of Skype Resolving.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]"DisableSupernode"=dword:00000001"ProxySetting"="SOCKS5""DisableUDP"=-"ProxyAddress"="61.147.67.2:9125""ProxyUsername"=-"ProxyPassword"=-

If you have any doubt about this working go ahead and skype resolve my test account running the config above. Skype: loltest14

Sorry for the crappy tutorial and grammar, I suck at large topic formatting.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Here's another solution: don't use Skype. Microsoft is able to listen in to your calls and read your chat logs. If you care about your basic human rights, you wouldn't use it to begin with.

Here's another solution: don't use Skype. Microsoft is able to listen in to your calls and read your chat logs. If you care about your basic human rights, you wouldn't use it to begin with.

They are more then welcome to do that, I dont care.

Voice chats can't be monitored because the way the p2p system works and because of the sheer amount of people that use skype, its impossible to monitor everyone and for them to monitor your skype it has to get subpoena'd which they notify you of, been there done that. :/

If you have nothing to hide, Why try hiding in the first place?

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

A dangerous and unfortunate approach.

If you wana hide something use XMPP through pidgin with OTR.

Voice chats can't be monitored

Skype voice chats can and are monitored.

If you have nothing to hide, Why try hiding in the first place?

Don't pull that "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" crap. Would you be opposed to the government installing CCTV cameras in your home, in every room of the house? After all, you have nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Skype voice chats can and are monitored.

Don't pull that "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" crap. Would you be opposed to the government installing CCTV cameras in your home, in every room of the house? After all, you have nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

No they aren't, not in jail yet buddy.

Maybe, But if it was such a concern how come nothing has happened ?

I don't bother with VPN, or fancy workarounds like this thread. 

My life, unchanged. Used Skype for Years.

I've never been run over by a car, thus by your logic being hit by a car isn't a concern.

Also the 'fancy workarounds' is referring to people being able to get your IP address if they have Skyped with you. This happens all the time, especially to Twitch streamers, who are then DDOS'd.

I´m starting to think this is another "Only in America" problem

I've never been run over by a car, thus by your logic being hit by a car isn't a concern.

Also the 'fancy workarounds' is referring to people being able to get your IP address if they have Skyped with you. This happens all the time, especially to Twitch streamers, who are then DDOS'd.

Oh please. a car?`shit can go down with a simple Pencil ...trip over and your wounded or worse.

Good thing i dont Stream then or Add RANDOM people to my skype list. or even give out my Skype ID. 

I´m starting to think this is another "Only in America" problem

Good thing i dont Stream then or Add RANDOM people to my skype list. or even give out my Skype ID. 

This doesn't just have to be to do with streaming. It could be people who Skype with you in online games, or just random contacts online.

Good thing this thread isn't directed at you then, isn't it?

This doesn't just have to be to do with streaming. It could be people who Skype with you in online games, or just random contacts online.

Good thing this thread isn't directed at you then, isn't it?

Fair point, i bet there are plenty of idiots out there that just add people on a whim for the kicks.

Oh please. a car?`shit can go down with a simple Pencil ...trip over and your wounded or worse.

Don't move the goalposts. You implied that just because you personally haven't had any issue, that it suddenly isn't a concern.

You didn't ask a question?

see:

Would you be opposed to the government installing CCTV cameras in your home, in every room of the house? After all, you have nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

see:

I think you just went full retard, ThunderJolt asked that, not me.

Then they must love the highly racist and adult humor jokes that go on with me and friends during Skype conversations or calls.

Literally everything connected to the internet is monitored. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

see:

Just to make you happy, Mumble is probably the most secure VoIP application.

Yeah about that, how would they do it? Break into my house just like that? if they did that we could just call the cops and then start the whole Human rights thing. 

Also that's a Worst case extreme scenario. 

Okay, so what happens when they decide to make it a law? Mass surveilance is also illegal and also goes against human rights, so how come you "don't care" about that?