Thinking about buying a surround sound for PC

Scratchy1215

So ive been looking around for new speakers for my pc and i would like to go with a 5.1 surround sound setup and my motherboard can support 7.1 so it says, im just wondering how i would set it up. a few that i see support bluetooth but how should i go about getting a adapter? just buy a decent one and plug it in and my computer will pop it up? also can i use my phone to play music and my computer to play sound at the same time on it? 

Also wondering how the speakers should be set up in a room if anyone has info on that. Im a gamer, mostly MMOs but i play shooters as well and love to listen to music a lot

which speakers will you use?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I find that MMOs don't really require a good headset or sound setup at all, so you may not want it if that's your main concern. listening to music, okay, sounds good for what you want to do. also, if you want to do some shooters, a surround setup may help, but won't really be worth it just for that if you're not trying to be an MLG.

Diamond 5 in League :)

I find that MMOs don't really require a good headset or sound setup at all, so you may not want it if that's your main concern. listening to music, okay, sounds good for what you want to do. also, if you want to do some shooters, a surround setup may help, but won't really be worth it just for that if you're not trying to be an MLG.

i use turtle beaches from like 5-6 years ago, i need something different

which speakers will you use?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1641C32394

im looking at these and the questions started poping up but also looking at

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-z506-5-1-surround-sound-speakers-6-piece-black/1215025.p?id=1218236333141&skuId=1215025

i use turtle beaches from like 5-6 years ago, i need something different

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1641C32394

im looking at these and the questions started poping up but also looking at

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-z506-5-1-surround-sound-speakers-6-piece-black/1215025.p?id=1218236333141&skuId=1215025

i wasn't saying you didn't need an upgrade, but maybe something more subtle like some nice headphones, unless you really want to go for the surround experience.

I have 5.1 in my living room and I use a receiver to have multiple inputs, so I don't really have any input on the bluetooth adapter solution.  I go optical out from my work PC so I can listen to music during the day (I work from home), then hdmi out from my htpc to the tv.

Personally, I really like having it for music and movies, I like how the sound fills my living room, admittedly that isn't difficult as it's a small space.

I found a deal on Newegg 5 years ago for a receiver that came with a set of 5.1 speakers.  The brand was Yamaha and has serviced me well for 5 years with no issues or signs of issues.

My .02 from my experiences.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

i wasn't saying you didn't need an upgrade, but maybe something more subtle like some nice headphones, unless you really want to go for the surround experience.

i want the experience, my friend has 7.1 and he doesnt have it hooked up right and it still sounds awesome watching Django on it, i also watch game of thrones and Vikings on my pc so its needed.

i want the experience, my friend has 7.1 and he doesnt have it hooked up right and it still sounds awesome watching Django on it, i also watch game of thrones and Vikings on my pc so its needed.

mmk, that's fine. 

i don't really know about the quality of those speakers, usually i seem to see good pairs go for $200+ for a set, $100 could be a bit iffy, it really depends.

Well, if you want it and you aren't a mlg pro, buy the thing that fits into your budget

mmk, that's fine. 

i don't really know about the quality of those speakers, usually i seem to see good pairs go for $200+ for a set, $100 could be a bit iffy, it really depends.

well when i was little my brother damaged my one ear and my other had a serious problem so i dont have what u call golden ears, i dont need the best i just want a good setup.

Well, if you want it and you aren't a mlg pro, buy the thing that fits into your budget

when i play ranked games i usually put my headset on and when i pvp in WoW i have a headset on and music playing through them. i rarely play serious games with my tv sound on, borderlands farming and WoW raiding i usually have tv speakers with pandora on

well when i was little my brother damaged my one ear and my other had a serious problem so i dont have what u call golden ears, i dont need the best i just want a good setup.

Sorry to hear that...

But anyways, if you don't need THE BEST sound quality, then I think the 5.1 system is enough, cut, of course, the more you pay- the more you get

Sorry to hear that...

But anyways, if you don't need THE BEST sound quality, then I think the 5.1 system is enough, cut, of course, the more you pay- the more you get

not as bad as a month later i got burned, 3rd grade sucked haha. now my elbow looks like freddys face and my leg by my sock is like paper. 

I want decent quality while not costing my a TON of money i mean i can hear fine its just i cant hear differences very well, like going from headphone to headphone some people can tell which is which, i cant do that but i can hear decently well still

So ive been looking around for new speakers for my pc and i would like to go with a 5.1 surround sound setup and my motherboard can support 7.1 so it says, im just wondering how i would set it up. a few that i see support bluetooth but how should i go about getting a adapter? just buy a decent one and plug it in and my computer will pop it up? also can i use my phone to play music and my computer to play sound at the same time on it? 

Also wondering how the speakers should be set up in a room if anyone has info on that. Im a gamer, mostly MMOs but i play shooters as well and love to listen to music a lot

Sorry to burst your bubble: Most of them do not receive multi-channel audio over BT (unless you encode them into 2 channels in a format supported by your set). 

You're probably better off running cables (HDMI, SPDIF, or whatever you prefer), unless you want to try things like Wireless HDMI.

Sorry to burst your bubble: Most of them do not receive multi-channel audio over BT (unless you encode them into 2 channels in a format supported by your set). 

You're probably better off running cables (HDMI, SPDIF, or whatever you prefer), unless you want to try things like Wireless HDMI.

yea thats what i was worried about, id rather do cables just because its faster imo, ill do more research ill get one after christmas i think