Anyone here into firearms?

2spukie4mee

I really like guns, but I'm not one of those "I plead the second" guys. I shoot because it's fun and that's the only reason. Anyway, is there any gun nuts out here? Just to start, what's your favorite gun that you've shot?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Bill Nye

I am the same way. Just bought a Sig P226 for work. It's a 9 mm and I love the trigger on it. My favorite gun I have shot is my knights armament SR15.

airsoft ftw

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

airsoft ftw

Yeah, been trying to get into airsoft but it's just not real accessible to me right now. And there's a paintball place down the road. 

Yeah, been trying to get into airsoft but it's just not real accessible to me right now. And there's a paintball place down the road. 

shooting soda cans with airsoft gun ftw

I love the M416 in bf4, and the m82. You can never go wrong with a 50cal sniper

Unless, of course, the 50 cal was pointed at a bus full of orphans. Then you could go wrong. Like, all the way wrong.

I love the M416 in bf4, and the m82. You can never go wrong with a 50cal sniper

When I shot a .50 it was cool not as much recoil as I expected actually. In real life that is. In video games 50 call recoil like a mofo

I  have a 12 gauge pump shotgun that I bought for 100$ off of someone. 

That's it. 

Yay me. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I have a 12 gauge pump shotgun that I bought for 100$ off of someone.

That's it.

Yay me.

Put a light load of bird shot in there and you got the perfect home defence weapon.

Put a light load of bird shot in there and you hot the perfect home defence weapon.

That's exactly what I have.

<_<

Figured it would penetrate walls a lot less than buckshot

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

That's exactly what I have.

<_<

Figured it would penetrate walls a lot less than buckshot

You'd be right on that :)

I got a BB Gun

I saw a 6mm BB pistol for only 7 euros when I was in Italy.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I saw a 6mm BB pistol for only 7 euros when I was in Italy.

i got a 6mm BB pistol that is at like 300fps for free

You'd be right on that :)

I mean if empty milk jugs from 20 yards can capture some of it surely a wall can

You are a cop or something if I remember, right? Your word is probably reliable on this kind of thing. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I mean if empty milk jugs from 20 yards can capture some of it surely a wall can

You are a cop or something if I remember, right? Your word is probably reliable on this kind of thing.

I was a Cadet for three years and I am officially a cop as of a few days ago :) My word on shotguns isn't as reliable as on pistols and riffles although I do know a thing or two. Edit

: my phone auto corrects real words WTF phone...

I was a Cadet for three years and I am officially a cop as of a few days ago :) My word on shotguns isn't as reliable as on pistols and riffles although I do know a think or two.

congrats!

Be prepared to hear 

That's not mine

and 

So what had happened was-

muh specs 

All parts black

congrats!

Be prepared to hear 

and

I apologize for my typing my phone auto corrects real words Into the wrong word...

I apologize for my typing my phone auto corrects real words Into the wrong word...

lol I do that all of the time on a full size keyboard. 

muh specs 

All parts black

When I shot a .50 it was cool not as much recoil as I expected actually. In real life that is. In video games 50 call recoil like a mofo

.50 BMG isn't bad, lots of room to tune the recoil out. On the other hand, .50 Beowulf in an AR platform with a meat tenderizer for a stock is a bitch; left me with this gross looking yellow zombie skin on my shoulder. Neither were mine, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on ammo.

OP, the most fun I had shooting was with a .45-70 lever action. I was expecting a shoulder destroyer like I'd experienced with the Beowulf, but even with a metal butt plate it just pushed a bit. .45-70 left big holes in everything, and the lever action was fun as hell. Should really stop buying tacticool shit and look for one now that I think about it. B)

Edit: Looking online, I'm not sure what model the Marlin was. The owner called it his "cowboy gun," but I can't be sure. Was a lot like this, but it did have an octagonal barrel and no fiber sights.

.50 BMG isn't bad, lots of room to tune the recoil out. On the other hand, .50 Beowulf in an AR platform with a meat tenderizer for a stock is a bitch; left me with this gross looking yellow zombie skin on my shoulder. Neither were mine, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on ammo.

OP, the most fun I had shooting was with a Marlin 1895 Cowboy. I was expecting a shoulder destroyer like I'd experienced with the Beowulf, but even with a metal butt plate it just pushed a bit. .45-70 left big holes in everything, and the lever action was fun as hell. Should really stop buying tacticool shit and look for one now that I think about it. B)

For cops if it says tactical we'll buy it. I even have a pair of tactical socks...

For cops if it says tactical we'll buy it. I even have a pair of tactical socks...

Tonfas.jpg

Tonfas

Nightstick.jpg

Tactical gentle encouragement device. 

muh specs 

All parts black