I am going to build my first pc next autumn, but i wanted to sort out the hardware in advance. I now know that i am getting the Corsair Obsidian 800D, Intel 4770k, GTX 780, Corsair Vengence 16gb RAM, 750w modular PSU, and some sort of watercooling. I am going to use it for rendering, editing, and of course a bit gaming.

My only problem is that i don't know what motherboard i should get. I need a 1150-socket, and there are coming new boards every day. The only thing i know i want is a regular ATX board (I personaly dont mind if it is a some sort of a larger board).

My budget is 2500-3000$. I can afford a pretty expensive board, but i don't want to be spending unecessary amounts of money.

Thanks in advance! :D

maximus v formula or extreme, msi mpower max or xpower, gigabyte g1 sniper 5 or z87x oc or oc force, asrock z87 oc formula or formula/ac, you hae a lot of great choices at alot of price points :D

What features do you want in a board? That is a very broad list of specs you want in a board, but in general, the Asus Z87 Maximus VI extreme is a great choice. You also say editing, so would you want to run a hackintosh? That would change your motherboard, and probably make you get a gigabyte one, so it has compatibility with Mac OSX. 

Maximus VI formula is my call, or sabretooth z87 :)

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

MSI has also jumped with the haswell launch
I would recommend those too. 
MSI Z87 m power. 

For more workstation oriented things I would suggest the sabertooth z87.  I believe it comes with a 5 year warranty?  That would be great since you're looking for  content editing/creation but it will still be great for gaming you want to do as well. 

Thank you all! I really appreciate it :) Helps out a lot.

I'd wait until you get closer to actually buying your parts, read reviews on boards featuring the stuff you are looking for. There is more boards to come, and there will be a lot more by fall. Just wait and see until it has all been tested and so on, because right now, the only thing Haswell does over Sandy / Ivy is cook your eggs a lot faster.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Here's what you could do: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/14HD6

Went with 4770k.

H220 for great liquid cooling.(besides custom loops)

Went with motherboard with lots of sata 6gb/s for future expansion.

32gigs of ram will help with rendering/maybe editing. Might as well. You have such a large budget.

2 ssdnows in raid 0 for a scratch disk.

Samsung 840 for boot/applications/some games.

3TB for storage. If you use a lot of media like me, get 4 3TB's or something.

Stuck with 780, 800D.

Picked a semi modular psu. I prefer semi modular over fully modular since the ones already attached use less space than if you were to attach the cables yourself. Up to you though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.