Razer mice

waggythegeek

I am a hardcore razer fan, but I am torn between the deathadder and the mamba. Help!

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

deathadder. Its the "worlds best gaming mouse" since 2006

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I have a mamba, and I have been using it for like 4 years and never had a single problem with it.

-J.T.

I am a hardcore razer fan, but I am torn between the deathadder and the mamba. Help!

I guess it comes down to if you want wired or wireless and/or the extra two buttons.

I guess it comes down to if you want wired or wireless and/or the extra two buttons.

Is the mamba as responsive as the deathadder?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

deathadder. Its the "worlds best gaming mouse" since 2006

bullshit

I can think of a list of mice that would blow it out of the water.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

go to store n try them all

Okay so many dorm mates and my suite mate have the Mamba. And I got myself the DeathAdder.

I only got the DeathAdder because I tried the Mamba and it feels so amazing, it's got the perfect shape, for my taste at least. However, it's kind of heavier than the DeathAdder, probably because of the battery, but it has a cool dock to place it and it's got an amazing battery life. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the awesome rubberized sides the DeathAdder has (it's... different in a worse way) so there's that.

If you have a laptop or like to use your mice on your bed or whatever, it's a great choice. If you don't need the flexibility to use it "anywhere", then I don't see a point to get it.

I myself had to make this choice a couple of weeks ago and I understood that I will never use my mouse+keyboard to play any game anywhere but on my table.

So I don't need an amazing wireless mouse to play games, therefore I have a $15 wireless mouse to use it when I need the wireless feature.

There's also the price difference... I'd say the Mamba isn't worth it, unless you really would like/need the wireless feature. If it's gonna sit all day long on your table, no meaning IMO.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

bullshit

Then lets see it!

Then lets see it!

G9X, maybe. But that's not in production anymore. I can't think of another mouse that's been in the eSports ring for as long as the Deathadder

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

• 1 month later...

Plot twist! Went with the naga epic chroma. It's China, has a stand like the naga, and has so many mite buttons and better ergonomics. Thanks for the help though, guys!

I have the Deathadder 2013, no complaints here, performs as well as when I got it last September

Then lets see it!

Mionix Avior 7000

Mionix Naos 7000

Roccat Kone Pure Military

Steelseries Rival

Logitech g502

Logitech g402

Logitech g302

Logitech g100s

Zowie Fk

Zowie Fk2

Zowie Fk1

Zowie Ec1

Zowie Ec2

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1

Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Intellimouse Optical 1.1

Ninox Aurora

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1

Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Intellimouse Optical 1.1

That's harsh, dude...

The Deathadder is famous the world over for a reason.  Not defending it, but it is well-renowned.

[witty signature]

That's harsh, dude...

The Deathadder is famous the world over for a reason.  Not defending it, but it is well-renowned.

you realize that different generations of deathadders have very different tracking? Their only similarity is their shape? That the only Deathadder that had superb tracking was the original?

the mlt04 sensor in all the mice you quoted from my post is the best sensor for tracking sub 1.3 m/s. it is a world renowned sensor.

The deathadder is world renowned because Razer has great marketing.

Razer has the best marketing

Zowie is the most enthusiast driven

Logitech is the most engineered

Mionix is the most solidly build

Steelseries has the best ergonomics imo.

you realize that different generations of deathadders have very different tracking? Their only similarity is their shape? That the only Deathadder that had superb tracking was the original?

3.5G has much better Interpolation, i also dont see the Problem with 3988, especially in regards to upcoming updates, the definition of superb tracking might vary as well.

I dont see how Zowie is "enthusiast driven", their MCU´s are from 2007 and there are many other things, just because they do one specific thing in a specific way doesnt make them "enthusiast".

Not to mention that your argument about the DA also works with the EC.

And Mionix, well, maybe they could start doing their own R&D, but i dont want to go into that.

-snippy-

I Was talking about the mouse I specifically left in your quote, not all of them. :P

I found it funny you said an old Intellimouse is better than the "good" DeathAdder, that's all.

[witty signature]

I've got a mamba and deathadder myself and I actually love both mice. I'm in no way a razer fanboy because I have peripherals of other brands, what I think about the deathadder is that the ergonomic is really great in my opinion, the mamba is not losing out in anyway but I feel that the price is not justifiable, but that's just my opinion.

Deathadder would be my choice.  Had an original for 3 years with no issues.  Switched to the 2013 edition again with no issues except the green light.  Went with the chroma edition for my new build just to have more lighting options.  All mice have been solid.

But I'm actually contemplating whether to replace my deathadder with the a new one or switch to another mouse, be it razer or other brand. Im a moba player, so I assume I wouldn't need THAT much of a precision on my mice, more on the comfort.

3.5G has much better Interpolation, i also dont see the Problem with 3988, especially in regards to upcoming updates, the definition of superb tracking might vary as well.

I dont see how Zowie is "enthusiast driven", their MCU´s are from 2007 and there are many other things, just because they do one specific thing in a specific way doesnt make them "enthusiast".

Not to mention that your argument about the DA also works with the EC.

And Mionix, well, maybe they could start doing their own R&D, but i dont want to go into that.

you shouldn't be using interpolation on any mouse... and i don't understand how you can't see the problem with the 3988 sensor. The krait's tracking even with synapse off was the worst i've experienced in a long time and i've spent over $600 buying different mice this year alone.

Zowie is enthusiast driven because they make design decisions that are unpopular with the masses of gamers, but many enthusiasts find desirable. Not just 1 feature. Zowie mice are all very light for their size. Zowie mice have no software, no drivers, Zowie mice have the lowest average max dpi of any brand. Zowie mice don't have more then 2 buttons on a side of the mouse. Zowie mice don't have shiny customizable LED lights. Zowie mice don't have braided cables. Zowie mice don't use omron switches. If you were trying to design a mouse that appealed to the largest number of gamers, all of these would be nono's. But most enthusiasts like lighter then average mice, like plug and playability, can't use macros, have no need for a dpi above 3200, don't want more then 2 side buttons, love huano switches, don't care about shiny customizable LED lights and think Zowie's cables are better then every other brand's.

compared to the deathadder, the closest thing razer has to a enthusiast mouse. Enthusiasts were just begging for that 10k dpi, right? Or those customizable lights? Or that massive smoothing? Or braided cable? Or that well over 100g weight not including the cable, that makes the mouse's build quality feel slightly better to ameteurs but slows down enthusiasts? Or needing synapse to customize their mouse?

you shouldn't be using interpolation on any mouse... and i don't understand how you can't see the problem with the 3988 sensor. The krait's tracking even with synapse off was the worst i've experienced in a long time and i've spent over $600 buying different mice this year alone.

Zowie is enthusiast driven because they make design decisions that are unpopular with the masses of gamers, but many enthusiasts find desirable. Not just 1 feature. Zowie mice are all very light for their size. Zowie mice have no software, no drivers, Zowie mice have the lowest average max dpi of any brand. Zowie mice don't have more then 2 buttons on a side of the mouse. Zowie mice don't have shiny customizable LED lights. Zowie mice don't have braided cables. Zowie mice don't use omron switches. If you were trying to design a mouse that appealed to the largest number of gamers, all of these would be nono's. But most enthusiasts like lighter then average mice, like plug and playability, can't use macros, have no need for a dpi above 3200, don't want more then 2 side buttons, love huano switches, don't care about shiny customizable LED lights and think Zowie's cables are better then every other brand's.

compared to the deathadder, the closest thing razer has to a enthusiast mouse. Enthusiasts were just begging for that 10k dpi, right? Or those customizable lights? Or that massive smoothing? Or braided cable? Or that well over 100g weight not including the cable, that makes the mouse's build quality feel slightly better to ameteurs but slows down enthusiasts? Or needing synapse to customize their mouse?

No choice with WM_input games other than using the 450 cpi step, 3988 is pretty close to 3310, and technically an upgrade so yeah, i dont see the problem, and there are also some updates coming for both.

From my POV Zowie is just being "Hipster" not enthusiast, well lightweight is good, but they also arent that light in comparison to the competition, i also dont see the problem with having a config tool and onboard memory, or flashable firmware for that matter, if you like Huano switches, than thats your preference, 1st gen EC1 with omron had a much better click feeling without pretravel to me, not to mention that Huanos are actually the cheaper option, lowering max cpi on purpose is just plainly retarded, plug and play can be achieved via onboard memory,and i could go on and on.

But i guess using a design from 2006 and adding massive pretravel and click latency is enthusiast, i praised them back in 2011, but frankly they have gone nowhere and to make that "1% improvement gear" you need money and ressources, and frankly i dont see that coming with half-assed solutions.

technically an upgrade, bullshit. Technically the 3988 is a peice of shit...  Technically you can't say one is better then the other, and i'm just as correct saying technically the 3988 is garbage.

Can Zowie's mice be better? Can every mouse company's mice be better? Absolutely. The design decisions of Zowie mice point to enthusiasts being the main target more then any other mouse brand imo. Zowie mice aren't popular in competitive fps circles because there are a lot of hipsters there, they're popular because Zowie target enthusiasts even if their execution isn't as good as some other companies.

the deathadd's design is pretty old as well.

If you're a hardcore razer fan and would only go for 1 of those 2 choices, I would suggest choosing the DeathAdder! :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition