Mineral Oil Submerged PC Build Log Part 2

what LED's are those? 

How are those LED's called ??  :D

i could be wrong, but it looks like THESE or at least something very similar

EDIT: fixed link

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Well, I need a new pair of underpants. 

FILL IT ASAP

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Awesome! Can't wait for Part 3. :D

There was a mineral oil PC from a few years back call the HardCore Reactor. Not sure if you guys heard about this before.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

What monitor was that? It looks huge! (if you know what I mean ;)  )

What monitor was that? It looks huge! (if you know what I mean ;)  )

PQ321Q is my best guess.

Linus Tech Tips, showing us new ways to make the reception desk interesting. Can't wait to see the final video! 

Wow, even before the oil, that is one sexy machine!

What is you guy's plan for it afterwards? Its not as if you can simply disassemble it like your other projects... As soon as you start pouring oil, that hardware is committed!

MAN! You guys must not use that ASUS 4k much. The dust on the stand.

I like these non scripted videos. Can we have more of these videos before the the scripted reviewers like the build guides and case reviews

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

This is freaking awesome, but i really want to see them cleaning the thing after some time if they decide not to disassemble it after building and shooting the video!  :D

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I hope the build log will continue despite the fact Puget had to remove their DIY kits due to a mean spirited patent claim. I was just going to buy one today as well.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/nav/aquarium/mATX/customize.php

Yes same here, I wanted to build one as Media PC in my living room thought it would look great. Just went to the site to check the price and maybe order one and saw that...... its a load of crap. 

| Case:  NZXT H440 White| Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark I| CPU: Intel core i7 4770k | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60  | Graphics Card: EVGA 780ti Classified| SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb and 500gb | HDD: WD Black 2tb| RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb| PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Monitor: LG 34UM95| Keyboard: Logitech G15 | Mouse: Razer Mamba| Audio: HyperX Cloud |

Agree'd, I wonder how long they have to hold off on sales.... I don't see how you could really patent anything they've done? It's just a PC case inside of a fish tank.....

Great build!

One question: Did you apply thermal paste on the CPU?

You probably just cut that part out of the video, but is it recommended not to use any? (might be a similar reason than for the rubber...)

You can see the thermal paste on the heat spreader at the 4:08 mark

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize this was already posted.

Be awesome to each other.

Twitch: Necrophobias

Liked this video, when is part 3? Interesting looking back to the older style of videos. 

Liked this video, when is part 3? Interesting looking back to the older style of videos. 

If it follows the previous releases, it should be out Saturday but that won't happen because the WAN show archive goes up on Saturday's. Maybe Sunday or Monday? 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

If it follows the previous releases, it should be out Saturday but that won't happen because the WAN show archive goes up on Saturday's. Maybe Sunday or Monday? 

Thanks, I guess Sunday or Monday then by your logic. 

@MBisFrenchy - According to the WAN show Friday, they haven't even put the mineral oil in it yet. I don't expect them to do something with this build for a while. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

wait did you guys look in to the liquid cool people?  I didn't do a whole lot of searching on them and i'm supposed to be studying but it seems like they done really even have a product ready for the market.   also i read the patents, now i don't usually read these sorts of things but it seems so very vague you all should read this bit from puget   from http://www.pugetsystems.com/nav/aquarium/mATX/customize.php 

this really stinks for puget because they are unable to fight it because they don't want to jeopardize the rest of their company.  

• 2 weeks later...