Night fury - in progress

aqualeak

Okay so... hi everyone, welcome to my first build log :)

This isn't my first custom build but the first one was for my little brother, so it's actually my first gaming rig  :wub:

After a lot of thought I went with these:

case: black NZXT Phantom 530 so nice  :wub:

mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 (had a hard time finding a nice black/blue one, most of the gaming mobos are black/red :angry: )

cpu: Intel Core i5-4690K

gpu: GeForce GTX 780 PNY enthusiast edition (maybe SLI later, when funds are available ^^)

ram: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1866 Ballistix Tactical Tracer

psu: Cooler master V700

ssd: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250 Go

hard drive: Western Digital Red 2To

optical drive: external Samsung (don't use CD's that much so I want to be able to use it between diffrent PC's)

ventillation: case fans + 5 be quiet Shadow Wings 120mm

monitor: Dell U2414H (the bezel is sooooo thin! would be perfect for surround!)

mouse: Logitech G502

keyboard:  Steelseries apex raw

headphones: Steelseries Siberia V2 blue special edition

so a few glam shots

IMG_1431.jpg

with the pannel on (hello foot)

IMG_1440.jpg

and cable management

IMG_1435.jpg

bulding was painless exept for a few things:

I couldn't get the ssd tray out, my boyfriend had to take it out for me, same thing with the front and top covers :(

cable management isn't the best yet but I want to get sleeved cables so... and the fan hub is great but not tha easy to cable manage ^^

to come:

custom watercoolig:

cpu block: XSPC raystorm

gpu block: XSPC razor for TITAN / 780 / 780 Ti + backplate

pump reservoir combo: XSPC photon 170 and Liang D5 pump

radiators: 2 swiftech MR220-QP

tubing: Monsoon PETG (clear or uv blue not shure yet) 5/8" OD

fittings: Monsoon Free Center Hardline Fitting 1/2"ID x 5/8"OD in black chrome

mayhems dark blue

+ blue lighting

sleeving:

I'm planning on doing custom cables from scratch so to not woid the warranty

photos when I'll get more stuff but it'll probably be in december :)

thanks for reading guys!

Wow.... It actually looks pretty damn nice for me!!

You might like to add an H110 or H100 to that CPU. It is really good and also looks gorgeous  :D

Yet such a nice build and looks really tidy. Love the NZXT Phantom series cases  :P 

Holy balls! I didn't even notice the cables at first. I was thinking you didn't actually plug everything in yet :P

You might like to add an H110 or H100 to that CPU. It is really good and also looks gorgeous  :D

Yet such a nice build and looks really tidy. Love the NZXT Phantom series cases  :P 

He/she's gonna watercool it soon

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

nice I'm following this 

Holy balls! I didn't even notice the cables at first. I was thinking you didn't actually plug everything in yet :P

He/she's gonna watercool it soon

thanks guys!!!

Yep, watercooling coming soon :) especially since I got my licence on yhe first try so I have a little money left over :)

biggest problem  is I'll have to order from the US or UK since the french watercooling website doesn't have everything :(

(ps: it's a she ^^)

thanks guys!!!

Yep, watercooling coming soon :) especially since I got my licence on yhe first try so I have a little money left over :)

biggest problem  is I'll have to order from the US or UK since the french watercooling website doesn't have everything :(

(ps: it's a she ^^)

Sounds great though! Can't wait to see it done  :D

• 5 weeks later...

Soo small update.

sorry, no pics, camera and parts aren't in the same home :P

So I got most of the stuff on a small french watercooling website, really nice customer service I only need the tubing, fittings and bending stuff now ^^

Juste need a little advice: I'll be using clear tubing with mayhems dark blue dye, and sleeving in grey-blue-dark blue, cpu and gpu blocks will be lit in blue.

Should I get blue or white LED strips?

I cant even right now. Ill come back with a proper comment in a bit. I need a minute.

You had a month, do you have a proper comment yet?

Tu devrais utiliser des leds blanches sinon ca fera trop de bleu je pense.

Tu a commande sur quel site pour ton watercooling? Doc micro? je pense y passer bientot et je crois que je vais commander une bonne partie chez eux.

(For the non-french: i said she should go with white leds or i think this will be too much blue in her rig)

Oui c'était doc-micro, super rapides: je commande jeudi midi, ils envoient 2h plus tard, je reçois ça le vendredi... parfait. 10/10 ^^

en plus ils avaient 10% de réduc pour noël sachant que le watercooling est rarement en promo... à saisir ^^

et merci pour ton avis sur les led :) je pense effectivement prendre blanc... j'attend que des les mandrels etc soient dispo chez overclockers uk sniff c'est long

(translation: yep; I'll be getting white leds but stuff is out of stock on overclockers uk so i'm stuck waiting)

nice job, very clean and sleak looking build. will be awesome when you SLi it :P

got to love Asus components

any thing but he stock intel cooler!!!!!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no really, even if you get the cooler master hyper 212 evo it will be better

heah I know... but I can't put the water block in yet since I don't have the tubing and the fittings :( sooo pretty water block waiting under the chritsmas tree... (I did at least change the rubbish thermal paste ^^)

nice job, very clean and sleak looking build. will be awesome when you SLi it :P

Thanks! don't know for the SLI yet, the 780 is getting hard to find with ref. pcb in france...