Looking for a 55" TV for casual gaming

Hey guys,

I'm currently on the look out for a nice affordable TV that i can use my HTPC/PC) with. I would like the size to be at least 55" and cost no more than 8000 Danish Kroner (Price idea 6-7000). I will post some links to the cheapest retailers in my country, when it comes to TV's.

So my requirements are:

• 55" or above
  • Under 8000 DKK
  • Low Input lag and minimal motion blur
  • Stunning picture quality
  • 3D is not important
  • Preferably LG or Samsung

Retailers:

www.dustinhome.dk

www.wupti.com

(Links are directed to the TV section of the websites)

Thanks!

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

You could probably get something cheap from Korea, and what ever you do don't buy a smart TV.

You could probably get something cheap from Korea, and what ever you do don't buy a smart TV.

Why not a smart tv?

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

Why not a smart tv?

They're evil and will steal all your personal info and you can't do anything about it.

They're evil and will steal all your personal info and you can't do anything about it.

okay

Main Rig
Phone

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

Check this Sony KDL-55W950B.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

For the record, it's probably no different than smartphones or even your PC. A lot of things get tracked.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

pretty decent tv! how do i connect it to my pc in order to run 60fps 4K? (on ultra low settings haha)

Main Rig
Phone

Check this Sony KDL-55W950B.

awesome input lag! 17ms

Can't find it anywhere tho :(

Main Rig
Phone

pretty decent tv! how do i connect it to my pc in order to run 60fps 4K? (on ultra low settings haha)

You'll need a graphics card that supports HDMI 2.0, which afaik is only GTX 970 and 980

Sony and Sharp are the two brands that stand out for TVs in terms of input lag and (usually) response time, but other companies are starting to close in. Even Insignia is making TVs with decent input lag and response time now.

"Rawr XD"

Think i found it  :wub:

http://www.wupti.com/produkter/tv-og-hifi/tv/led/samsung-ue55h7005sqxxe

Top scorer on reviews, and 30-40ms input lag which is fine

Main Rig
Phone

Please stop spreading wrong information.

First of all, the only reported incident of this happening is LG's new smart tvs sending usage data to their servers. LG is the only manufacturer that did this.

All other smart tvs will not send any important data. Do you ut your credit card number into your TV? No. Do you tell your tv your name and social security number No. The only usage statistics that smart tvs will send are what apps you downloaded and used, and the tv doesnt have to send any info at all because it already gets logged by their servers. This type of information is not confidential and absolutely non-volatile to the consumer.

Plus when you use a TV as a monitor you are not using any of its smart features anyway, so there is no information that it could send.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 weeks later...

awesome input lag! 17ms

Can't find it anywhere tho :(

Think i found it  :wub:

http://www.wupti.com/produkter/tv-og-hifi/tv/led/samsung-ue55h7005sqxxe

Top scorer on reviews, and 30-40ms input lag which is fine

Ah that would the a last year model with a catchy price, sold them too a couple of times.

These serries have topnotch picture quality.

Oh like this one;

http://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/2-2956636/TV/Sony-Bravia-KDL-55W955B-Sammenlign-Priser

You are going to hang this one on the wall?