You know you're a techie when. . .

Someone asks you about buying a new destkop pc and you show up 30 minutes later with 5 builds and you just start telling why they are good and bad and comparing em.

You go and tell your dad about new tech even though he probably doesn't understand what you're saying, because you are too exited and you need to share your exitement.

When a friend comes and tells you something cool they read about hardware, and you know it months ago.

When you do benchmarks and play with overclock when you're bored.

When your youtube history is about tech reviews of all kinds.

these are so true especially this one: You go and tell your dad about new tech even though he probably doesn't understand what you're saying, because you are too exited and you need to share your exitement. 

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

When you own a massive silent laser-cut MDF scratchbuilt case.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

When you use a mac with windows on it, and when you run a PC with OS X on it.

Two words: Toshiba L300D

csm_hri_Satellite_L300D_81834975cf.jpg

As a HP 6730b user, that's cute.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

When I was able to by pass my schools Firewall without the use of a proxy.

I took down my schools firewall/websence server with a worm cluster ... took out the entire web filtering system for the entire school network (10 Schools). :lol: Did that when I was in year 10 (14 Years Old). Was the best 2 weeks in school ever :D

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

...you can give exact product names without hesitance.

...no one ever gets your references.

...you cringe at other people's cluttered desktops, or their use of "wrong" programs (McAffee, iTunes, IE, Norton, etc.).

...you spent ALL the money you made improving your battle station the last 18 months. Oops!

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

... You daydream about hardware in history.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

When you work for a very large computer company? 

TI ? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

most laptops are over $1000 and most people who buy those arnt techies

oh god I hope they aren't underpowered....by PC, I actually meant gaming rigs.....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

someone asks you a simple question and you go into a complicated answer that goes beyond what that person can understand. 

What if there's no simpler explanation?

When you'd rather upgrade your pc in any possible way than buying new pants, no matter the condition of em (My current situation, not kidding lol).

I seriously need a new pair of pants... I don't mind my (naturally) ripped and faded jeans tho... They're expensive (the artificially ripped jeans)...

But no... I'm saving up for another HDD/rig/headphones...

When you are talking about the changes Intel/AMD/Nvidia made to their architecture in the last few years because the guy you are talking to is saying he has a IT degree but he has no idea what you are talking about and you are just a student who isn't even studying that stuff yet...

When you aren't taking driving lessons yet but you just bought a new GPU, Hotas, headphones, and are saving up for a Rift.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

When you just upgrade your computer and want other components not upgraded replaced.

When you use a very slow device it makes you crazy as you are used to your computer booting with the programs that load at the desktop automatically within 15 seconds and your phone is within 20 seconds.

When you want to put a Linux distro on a flash drive and use it just because you can and find out your brother stole the flash drive and claims its his... Seriously, he has a car, license, and money with a job. I'm pretty sure he can do better buying one that doesn't get stuck in the USB port every time.

When you want another mechanical keyboard so you have more to use.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

That doesn't work for me.... 

Me: Dad, im getting a asus strix gtx 970 next year.

Dad: No. 

Me: Why?

Dad: because the rule is you can't buy something better than me without buying me something better first. 

Me: ....

(he has two 660's in SLI) 

That's cool and not cool, lol.

I mean if it's true, then that's a pain in the ass. Does he know about this kind of things? Tell him the sli is better than the 970 :P

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

That's cool and not cool, lol.

I mean if it's true, then that's a pain in the ass. Does he know about this kind of things? Tell him the sli is better than the 970 :P

If he has two 660's in SLI he doesn't know about this sort of things.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

When you have to carry a Surface and a Laptop. 

So you can have Windows 8 & 7. 

When you bust into conversations about technology, headed by people who don't know what they are talking about. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If he has two 660's in SLI he doesn't know about this sort of things.

Touchè

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

when i mention a LTT video to a friend, and another kid overhears  and has seen the vid. like what. LTT is getting out there.

got to set up a 27 grand computer station for a post office. that was legit. my step mom is the post master so:D yay government property. 

having 2 16800 mah battery banks, so the back of the class can all chill and game on their phones fora hour every day. 

when you have more dissembled PCS then assembled pcs in your room at any given time. 

have OS's on your computer you never use