Broadwell only 3% faster than Haswell

BiG StroOnZ

ilvxis.jpg

Due to varying results and clock frequencies our focus today is a quick look at three test suites that provide consistent numbers. The data presented for Broadwell is the median of at least eleven runs for each test.

The figures show relatively small differences, where Broadwell is up three percent faster when the frequencies normalizedThis is slightly lower than what Intel promised of just over five percent. It is worth mentioning that Intel's figure is based on a myriad of different scenarios, where the company, for example, talks about major improvements in particular, cryptography and virtualization.

What can be ascertained is that Broadwell means a smaller step forward at the same clock speed as Haswell and that any performance lift instead of waiting, mainly from higher frequencies, when the architecture well find their way into the notebook segment, and finally finds into desktop computers.

Source: http://www.sweclockers.com/artikel/19566-snabbtitt-intel-broadwell-mot-haswell-prestanda-vid-samma-klockfrekvens

Translated Source

As long as it's compatible with a Z97/H97 board, I've got no complaints...

As long as it's compatible with a Z97/H97 board, I've got no complaints...

Isn't broadwell LGA1151? Or is that Skylake? But it would make sense because they usually change the pin layout every 2 generations. 

Isn't broadwell LGA1151? Or is that Skylake? But it would make sense because they usually change the pin layout every 2 generations. 

Skylake is 1151 iirc...

I'll be waiting on a Broadwell unlocked Pentium or unlocked i5 (whichever my budget by December 2015 meets)...

Edit: Hopefully they'll introduce a quad core Pentium that costs as much as an i3 just to mess with the market...

Haswell and Broadwell are 1150, Skylake and Cannonlake are 1151.

Also, this test is a bit flawed. I'll wait for more.

I love google translations, especially for Asian tech articles, sometimes there are hilarious bits that really crack me up. 

Back on topic, I'm not surprised. IPC has been pretty much a sitting duck since SB, mobile is moving but if it weren't for artificial price increase, a i5-2500K is holding up better than they want people to know.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Good thing i wasnt planning on upgrading to haswell/broadwell

(Thinking about haswell-e even though its out of my budget)

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

How much power does it draw compared to the other chip for that performance?

Who cares about broadwell when skylake comes out month or two after that lol. As soon as i knew that broadwell was delayed until 2015 and skylake comes out same year, the broadwell was dead to me.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I thought broadwell was for GPU performance increase and power efficiency? 

Who cares about broadwell when skylake comes out month or two after that lol. As soon as i knew that broadwell was delayed until 2015 and skylake comes out same year, the broadwell was dead to me.

Pretty sure Intel is smarter than that. They wouldn't make a CPU obsolete in 2 months, even if they had the newer tech ready.

Besides, I've heard Skylake is supposed to launch 2016.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Clock for clock isn't much faster, huh. Let's hope Broadwell can be overclocked to 6 GHz... :lol:

K Series is supposed to be 65W, H Series between 37W and 47W, U Series 15W to 28 W.  This chip in particular that was benched, the Y series, between 3.5W and 4.5W

Those are pretty good numbers then for the performance. I'm happy enough with that.

lol and the next one is around the corner

lives on

BAKABT

Skylake is 1151 iirc...

I'll be waiting on a Broadwell unlocked Pentium or unlocked i5 (whichever my budget by December 2015 meets)...

Edit: Hopefully they'll introduce a quad core Pentium that costs as much as an i3 just to mess with the market...

and say by by to i5 sales

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Broadwell is going to be much more exciting in the server space, if it comes to it. Less power consumption means more cores.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

and say by by to i5 sales

If the top-end broadwell i5s will be hyperthreaded quad cores, then they'll still sell...

i3s are the ones that might lose sales...

lol and the next one is around the corner

I was surprised to hear Intel say they will postpone Broadwell but keep Skylake on schedule.

I still believe to get a very good chip from Inter we need a good chip from AMD first.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

If the top-end broadwell i5s will be hyperthreaded quad cores, then they'll still sell...

i3s are the ones that might lose sales...

Then what happens to i7, they won't make it six core because that would decimate 2011 sales and I doubt that they would go 8 core k parts and a 10 on the EE chip

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Then what happens to i7, they won't make it six core because that would decimate 2011 sales and I doubt that they would go 8 core k parts and a 10 on the EE chip

Six core, no hyperthreading?

Six core, no hyperthreading?

Then you would have the issue of i5s matching the i7 in most applications. I think the only real step forward is for the 1150 i7 to become a 6 core with HT and the i5 to be one without. The have the 2 lower 2011 chips as HT 8 cores or an 8 and a 10 even if the give them the full 40 pice lanes and on the very top have a 12 core HT monster of an EE chip. Under all this you could have the i3 as a true quad core with either an unlocked version or an unlocked quad core pentiun

Also there could be a HT dual core on the very low end and they could eliminate pure dual cores from the product stack completely and send a message to the industry saying that the age of the dual core min is over