Is litecoin and dogecoin mining on GPUs still worth it?

bitcoin is basically dead go big asic miners for scrypt or go bust.

I don't understand what you mean. Bitcoin mining isn't "dead", it's bigger than it's ever been. What you probably mean is that the mining is done almost entirely by ASICs, therefore GPU mining isn't a good option. Scrypt ASICs are definitely in use, but you can still mine Scrypt based coins effectively on GPU.

To the OP: Litecoin and Dogecoin mining isn't really worth it in terms of profit, unless you are already deeply invested in mining. If you haven't mined any cryptocoin before, don't start mining DOGE or LTC. Consider Folding and Boinc as @Enderman suggested above, it's a great cause. If you really want to mine a coin then there is a weath of other cryptos out there to choose from, I would recommend one with a different hash that is all done on GPUs (such as Quark with its x9 hash). If you haven't heard of Quark or Darkcoin then I suggest you do some research about cryptocurrencies, they are really fascinating and go way beyond just making a bunch of money by luck. A good place to start would be the Bitcointalk forums:

https://bitcointalk.org/

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."