The Road to 4K YouTube Videos - Our Camera

Some nice stuff you got there LMG, but I also think that 60fps would be better for now than 4K. The first time I saw 60fps on youtube I was like awwwwwww *.*

and as many have mentioned, most of us don't have 4K monitor or the bandwidth to play it smoothly, but most of us can take advantage of at least 720p@60fps

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

I just have 1 question

How can you even afford all that? its too expensive for production, im guessing you must be making a lot of money

Awesome video, Curious to see how the 4k pro res is going to look like!

Also the YT comments on this video are just.... I cant even man. Facepalm

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

If only I had the bandwidth... (barely plays @1080p)

Get youtube-dl, and use it to download the videos in 4k you want to watch.

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Get youtube-dl, and use it to download the videos in 4k you want to watch.

Well 1080p is enough for me but I just wanted to point it out.

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

Lol this video was sad. Thought Linus was some tech genius but he buys a $8000 4k camera that cant even record 4k, waits 2 years for a update, had to shipped it out so sony can mod the camera while paying " hundreds" of dollars (looked it up its $800usd) and finally sony loves proprietary media. #fail

I never find 4K content anywhere, thanks for doing this! :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

And I'm just here with my 1440x900 monitor...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

In my opinion the adquisition of the teleprompter was a deal braker. The channel changed completely and we lost all the spontaneity that caught me on the first place. I enjoy much more the videos that aren't scripted

Man that's some expensive equipment.
Super neat video. I liked the little bit of back story they gave about the company.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

It's nice to watch them on a 4K monitor. :)

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

I love how you guys live your passion in tech. Thats the spirit of LTT!

Your Office is going to get raided one of these days... You should invest in some sophisticated security tech. SmartThings Home Automation looks good If you want a lot of control too.

Your Office is going to get raided one of these days... You should invest in some sophisticated security tech. SmartThings Home Automation looks good If you want a lot of control too.

I know, right. I can't imagine what the insurance on something like that must cost! 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

I just 4k monitors weren't so expensive, because paying for college and saving for a 4k monitor sucks a lot.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't FPS on video doesn't matter as much if you play it at regular speed? As long as the shutter is double the FPS you should get that proper smoothness, for example cinemas and movies use 24 fps, at a shutter speed of 1/48 (which 1/48 isn't available on some lower level cameras which is why lots of people say to use 50). If you are going to use slow motion, FPS would matter, but they aren't doing much of that are they?

Plus I'm pretty sure they can do 60FPS 2k with that camera, correct me if I am wrong as well.

I still don't have a camera.  I tried once this year to pick one out and was happy with it when I bought it and then I got it home and it was garbage.  I hate cameras.  They are too hard for the average person to shop for.  As for this video I really don't get why Linus made this video.

Assuming you need a cheaper solution, a Canon camera with interchangeable lenses may be the best choice due to good enough video and photo quality.

From the Canon lineup, try the SL1(100D) or a T3i(600D) from $400 - $600, or if you can bump it up a notch try finding a refurbished / on sale 7D (prices are dropping to $900 - $1000 due to the release of the new 7D mkII) which was well regarded as a great camera for sports and wildlife, and I'm sure it has good video. The 70D and T5i (700D) are also an option ($1000 and $700 respectively), but they are more or so luxury features added onto the T3i or SL1.

Sony is more or so a mirrorless SLR option, which isn't the best for photography, but is good for video. They also make camcorders that are great for video (though you cant get interchangeable lenses.

Nikon is great for photography, though the features aren't so great when it comes to video. They are also cheaper, however, and also include 1080p 60FPS video (which Canon does not have for who knows why).

Either or, as long as you can shoot with full manual settings (Aperture, Shutter, ISO and whatever that can get you a flat image) and you have an interchangeable lens system you should be good. If you want better advice, try asking an actual specialized photo/video/cinema forum.

Assuming you need a cheaper solution, a Canon camera with interchangeable lenses may be the best choice due to good enough video and photo quality.

From the Canon lineup, try the SL1(100D) or a T3i(600D), or if you can bump it up a notch try finding a refurbished / on sale 7D (prices are dropping to $900 - $1000 due to the release of the new 7D mkII) which was well regarded as a great camera for sports and wildlife, and I'm sure it has good video. The 70D and T5i (700D) are also an option ($1000 and $700 respectively), but they are more or so luxury features added onto the T3i or SL1.

Sony is more or so a mirrorless SLR option, which isn't the best for photography, but is good for video. They also make camcorders that are great for video (though you cant get interchangeable lenses.

Nikon is great for photography, though the features aren't so great when it comes to video. They are also cheaper, however, and also include 1080p 60FPS video (which Canon does not have for who knows why).

Either or, as long as you can shoot with full manual settings (Aperture, Shutter, ISO and whatever that can get you a flat image) and you have an interchangeable lens system you should be good. If you want better advice, try asking an actual specialized photo/video/cinema forum.

$900 - $1000 ... uh I said cheap!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

whoops I forgot to mention the SL1(100D) and T3i(600D) are around $400 - $600. Plus black friday and boxing day is coming up so yeah..

Canon also has the EOS-M series which I forgot about, where the camera is about $300, and it can use the same lenses.

The art industry (visual arts, music, dance, photography, cinematography, etc.) is a hard one to break into, since so many people are doing it, especially with the internet.

Photography, videography and cinematography are the hardest in particular due to even more people interested (its easy, and can be done online) and the gear is extremely expensive ($1000 camera body, $700+ lenses, $400 for audio, $300 - $700 for a rig system is considered a meh).

If you are looking for something that you can bring around for a family trip, or trying out photography / videography lifestyle, I recommend the SL1, T3i or EOS-M for an investment that you can build on (getting lenses, audio, etc.) . But if you are just doing it on the side, smartphones nowadays capture about the same images a point and shoot can, so I'd rather just get a phone with a good camera.

Again, Sony and Nikon also have their offerings, with Nikon being slightly on the photo side, and slightly cheaper, and Sony being better on the video side (their handycam camcorders are pretty decent).

The gear you use doesn't matter, but the skill of the users themselves. 

whoops I forgot to mention the SL1(100D) and T3i(600D) are around $400 - $600. Plus black friday and boxing day is coming up so yeah..

Canon also has the EOS-M series which I forgot about, where the camera is about $300, and it can use the same lenses.

The art industry (visual arts, music, dance, photography, cinematography, etc.) is a hard one to break into, since so many people are doing it, especially with the internet.

Photography, videography and cinematography are the hardest in particular due to even more people interested (its easy, and can be done online) and the gear is extremely expensive ($1000 camera body, $700+ lenses, $400 for audio, $300 - $700 for a rig system is considered a meh).

If you are looking for something that you can bring around for a family trip, or trying out photography / videography lifestyle, I recommend the SL1, T3i or EOS-M for an investment that you can build on (getting lenses, audio, etc.) . But if you are just doing it on the side, smartphones nowadays capture about the same images a point and shoot can, so I'd rather just get a phone with a good camera.

Again, Sony and Nikon also have their offerings, with Nikon being slightly on the photo side, and slightly cheaper, and Sony being better on the video side (their handycam camcorders are pretty decent).

The gear you use doesn't matter, but the skill of the users themselves. 

Example of a video shot extremely well on just an iPhone 4S.

As I said, the gear you use doesn't matter, but the skill of the users themselves.

Also proving that a good smartphone with a camera is way better than those point-and-shoot cameras or wannabe-DLSRs that you cannot swap lenses or have optical zoom (not digital, which is basically cropping)

Uber expensive..

Not as expensive when compare to RED

http://www.red.com/store/cameras

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I just 4k monitors weren't so expensive, because paying for college and saving for a 4k monitor sucks a lot.

Wait a little, next year we should start seeing cheap 40"+ 4k monitors for under $600. ;)

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

• 1 year later...