(Gaming) laptop for College

SuperStroopwafel

Hey guys,

I'm going to college soon. I need a laptop for it. My budget is around 1500 euro and I can stretch it to 1700. I realize that this is an important purchase. I need to use it everyday for around 10 hours.

Uses:

- Scripting

- Video editing

- 3D rendering

^^^^^^^^^^^ most important 3

- Gaming

- Normal use like chrome and youtube and por.... nvm

I was thinking about the MSI GS70, Linus is going to review it soon :)

The MSI GT80 Titan would be amazing haha, but that price will be around 3000 (my guess)

A SSD is a requirement!

Thanks in advance!

Your uses are easy to fill with 1500€, although, do you need 8h of battery? And what do you play normally?

My choice would be the 15" Retina MacBook Pro since it has lots of power and has excellent battery life and a good screen for video editing and stuff. Dont know about 3D rendering though.

it can handle gaming pretty well. Not on max settings but mostly medium to high. 

I dont know about you but I wouldnt wanna want to carry around a 4-5 kg brick and a freakin large AC adapter with me.

And yeah it has an SSD. (about 600-700 MB/s read and write speeds.)

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

I love my Lenovo Y50. You can get the 4k price and still have some extra money to play with. 

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840