Have 2 routers, can only put password on one of them

bTecneB

I have 2 routers, one is a modem and a router too (my pc is plugged in to it) and the other one is just a wifi router. I need both of them because the signal of the one on the wall is better and my sister can use it from downstairs. The thing is that when i type 191.168.1.1 in a browser, the settings come up for the one on the table, so i can only put a password on that one. I have tried putting in 192.168.1.x but it doesn't work. I would like to know how i can put a password on the one on the wall.

post-22189-0-30171700-1414838825_thumb.j

Hmm I'm guessing the one at the table is a gateway. You need to change the IP of the router(the one in the wall) to access it's setup page and from there change the password. I'm guessing 192.168.1.1 is a conflict between the two you should change the gateway's IP to something like 192.168.1.10 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

and how do i do that? i can only change the default gateway of the one on the table

To change the router's IP (the one in the table ) you need to log in it's setup page using the Default IP (refer to manual) and then connect it to a pc via ethernet.  this should help you http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-a-Wireless-Router

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   |