[solved] I'm looking for an SSD

Master_Obvious
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

MX100's are probs the best $/Gb out atm. Very good as well I have a 512 in my laptop.

So I'm thinking of replacing my crappy HDD with 2 SSDs in RAID 0. What do you guys recommend?

plextor m6 pro/m5p xtreme or ocz vector 150. Both are reliable and some of the fastest. 

MX100's are probs the best $/Gb out atm. Very good as well I have a 512 in my laptop.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Plextor M6 Pro I have used 3 in raid 0 for a friend and he has had no problems.

A magazine I'm subscribed to reccomends the Samsung Evo 840? What are your guys opinions on them?

Not for RAIN. The Magician software won't do RAIN I believe. You'd be better off with the MX100. BTW, you know that putting ssd's in a RAIN means you can't use AHCI? Just found that out.

Quite frankly, I'd just go with 1 fast ssd and forget this RAIN/RAID thing altogether. It doesn't sound like the benefits outweigh the liabilities.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Why not a Samsung 850 PRO or Intel 730 Series SSD. Good ones! :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Samsung 850 Pro.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch