Best non-MMO fantasy games (preferably cheap or free)

KemoKa

I was wondering if there were any good fantasy games out there that are kind of more skyrim-thief-ish oriented that don't require an internet connection and that are preferably relatively cheap (like, under $10).

I'm in Japan, so what little Paypal balance I still have in my USD account is pretty much useless for anything else at the moment.

I wish that Steam had a Fantasy tag...

Steam does have a fantasy tag... :D http://store.steampowered.com/tag/browse/#global_1684

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

Skyrim Legendary Edition (comes with all DLC - i know you mentioned it in the OP, but just in case you didn't own it :P)

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition <-- fallout isn't swords & magic but they are open world sandbox RPG's, made by the same guys who created Skyrim

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines  <--- this game with the unofficial patch/Clan mod is beyond epic

Alpha Protocol <-- i know it's not necessarily fantasy with spells/swords etc, but it's a great RPG nonetheless, very underated imo

The Witcher Enhanced Edition

The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition <-- these 2 Witcher titles are epic, the first one may be a bit slow/dated but you should consider giving it a runthrough, the 2nd is even more amazing (2nd one also contains tits)

Deus Ex GOTY Edition

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut <---- these 2 Deux Ex games aren't sword & magic type fantasy, but are great RPG's to play, highly recommend checking them out, the original is a bit dated for some though

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic <-- this game is based on the source engine and is buggy at times, not the best game you'll ever play but quite fun nonetheless

Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition <--- whilst not sword/magic fantasy, it's a great game to look into, only downside is the cheapest key with all the extra content is for Uplay

Some of these titles may not fit the bill of skyrim/thief-ish that you requested but i do recommend looking into them.

On a final note, i would recommend the Mass Effect series (if you don't already own them), but with all the DLC on top it'd be over your budget, but i highly recommend the series as it has great replay value.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...