New Build doubts.

robertdin

I've just build a new rig, these are the components I used:

Motherboard: Asrock B85M

Processor: Intel Pentium G3420

RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600

HDD: Western Digital WD1600BB (external)

Seagate ST3160815AS

Graphics Cards: Gigabite GV-N750OC-2GI

Gigabite GV-N630-2GI (PhisX only)

I was on a budget and now I am looking to upgrade some parts. I am using a triple monitor setup, 2 lcd on Gtx 750 and one CRT on GT 630, since connecting the third monitor I've noticed some weird things: When exiting some games( Warframe, ...) I've noticed the system becomes unresponsive for a few minutes ( for about 20 seconds I can't start any probram and if after that I start one it takes around 2 minutes to open it.) after that everything is fine. I've noticed other performance issues too but this one is the most anoying.

I was wondering that it's because of the Graphics Card OC (Gtx 750-Core clock from 1201 to 1352) or is because of the lack of Ram ( one slot is malfunctioning and I can use only Slot A so if I want to upgrade I'll have to buy a 8GB module and "throw" the old one away.). I really want to avoid taking back the MB because of the time it will take to get it back(2 Weeks they said :( )and I can't afford that much time without the PC because I use it for work.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

post-79768-0-31451300-1414826390_thumb.j

It's probably due to your hdd and not your graphics cards. You should check the health of your drive with something like CrystalDiskInfo: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.