Setting up router by using Powerline

Van Der Shah

I want to connect my powerline which is currently hooked directly to my Pc to a wireless router. (D-Link DIR-615). The powerline from the wall will go to the router then from there, to the pc. When i connected the powerline to the router, i didn't have internet connection. Is there something that I have to configure like the IP address or something? If there is please do tell me how to do it. Thanks :)

I like pie

i5 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz  -- Asrock z87 Extreme 4 -- Asus GTX 970 Strix -- 8GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1600Mhz -- Phanteks PH-TC14PE -- Crucial M500 120GB SSD -- Seagate 1TB SSHD -- Super Flower 600W Semi-modular PSU -- Phanteks Enthoo Pro -- Benq GL2460 

If I understand what you're asking correctly, it can't be done. the primary powerline adapter (presumably, the one closest to your router) needs an internet connection to distribute.

The setup would look something like this (on a cable connection)

Coaxial cable -> Modem -> Ethernet from modem to router -> Ethernet from router, to distributing powerline -> receiving powerline to PC.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If I understand what you're asking correctly, it can't be done. the primary powerline adapter (presumably, the one closest to your router) needs an internet connection to distribute.

The setup would look something like this (on a cable connection)

Coaxial cable -> Modem -> Ethernet from modem to router -> Ethernet from router, to distributing powerline -> receiving powerline to PC.

Yes, i have done that. From the wall to the modem to the router to the powerline and the other powerline to the pc. But i want to connect the last one (the 2nd powerline) to a wireless router (second router). How can i do this, if it is possible? 

I like pie

i5 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz  -- Asrock z87 Extreme 4 -- Asus GTX 970 Strix -- 8GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1600Mhz -- Phanteks PH-TC14PE -- Crucial M500 120GB SSD -- Seagate 1TB SSHD -- Super Flower 600W Semi-modular PSU -- Phanteks Enthoo Pro -- Benq GL2460