Excel-Hardware Optimization?

iceberg

I don't know if this is the correct place for this question or not but here it is, what hardware specs are best to optimize Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer? i.e. more processor cores? higher clock speed? more ram? etc

I was running a massive Excel sheet on one of the University computers today and the program really started to slow down. I made some changes to the document to simplify it, but it still was running slow. I was curious what part of the hardware was creating the bottleneck.

Thanks.

I don't get how Excel is that intensive. It's just a productivity program, it shouldn't be that hard.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would say it is likely that the computer is just overused, which is probably why it's so slow. Old hardware is generally slower, even if the software is old too.

Overclock your CPU, RAM and GPU, hell, overclock your monitor while you're at it!

On a serious note, adding RAM might help a fair bit. 4GB completely enough with a few tasks going on in the background.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Mostly it feeds on ram. And it might help if you moved file on SSD. CPU speed shouldn't matter on modern quad cores that much. But I know the feeling when working on excel files with 10k cells.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv