Help on buying a new monitor

sandals100
Go to solution Solved by Geekazoid,

Yeah I decided to screw the extra pixels so I would save money on a new GPU

Nice words there. :D

Alright, well I'd probably go for the AOC I2777FQ (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1213&products_id=28239) just based off looks. Although I would encourage you to do a little research on anything before you buy. Always a wise idea. :)

I recently decided that I wanted to go an purchase a new monitor as an upgrade from my horrid BenQ GW2255 21.5" monitor. After looking around I was unable to decide on anything due to my lacking knowledge on the area of monitors. The things that I am looking for in the new monitor are as follows:

- HOPEFULLY a resolution higher than 1080p (Not 4k) preferably 1440p

- Good colours (doesn't have to be professional grade just has to look good)

- A size that is at least larger than 25" (Interested in 27")

- Budget of $350 AUD

- Looking to buy on PC Case Gear ( http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index )

- Response times aren't too much of a worry for me as long as it is at least 60hz

I currently have a GTX 760 so I doubt that would be able to game at 1440p so in about 3 months I am planning on a GPU upgrade as well so that's why I was interested in 1440p. 

Unfortunately I don't think that you can get a 2560x1440 res monitor at your budget of $350 AUD.

However, if you added an extra $50 AUD to your budget you could get the BenQ BL2710PT. PC Case Gear did have this other day, but it appears that they've chosen to remove it from their site. If you don't want to wait you can purchase it from Scorpion Technology (http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25%2B_inch/51453-BL2710PT) or if you really want to purchase it from PCCG you can ask them to get it back in stock and they'll usually do so. They're good like that. :)

The BenQ BL2710PT uses an IPS-like display called AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle) and is said to be quite good. There is a video review of it on YouTube if you do a search for it. :)

For your convenience I have included the video review down below.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Unfortunately I don't think that you can get a 2560x1440 res monitor at your budget of $350 AUD.

However, if you added an extra $50 AUD to your budget you could get the BenQ BL2710PT. PC Case Gear did have this other day, but it appears that they've chosen to remove it from their site. If you don't want to wait you can purchase it from Scorpion Technology (http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25%2B_inch/51453-BL2710PT) or if you really want to purchase it from PCCG you can ask them to get it back in stock and they'll usually do so. They're good like that. :)

The BenQ BL2710PT uses an IPS-like display called AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle) and is said to be quite good. There is a video review of it on YouTube if you do a search for it. :)

For your convenience I have included the video review down below.

Thanks! I'll have a look at it.

Its more but I jsut got one and am blown away

ASUS PB278Q 27" PLS 5ms 2560x1440. I paid $480us

Thanks but that monitor is $600 here xD

They also all only have a 1080p resolution. ;)

They also all only have a 1080p resolution. ;)

Nice words there. :D

Alright, well I'd probably go for the AOC I2777FQ (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1213&products_id=28239) just based off looks. Although I would encourage you to do a little research on anything before you buy. Always a wise idea. :)