Help Planning a £200 - £300 Rig

Hey guys I am a new member to the forums and I am planning to build a PC I have looked around and come up basically blank so would appreciate some help from you guys as I reckon you all have far more experience than I do. Without further ado here is all the stuff (I think) you'll need

Budget: my budget is £200 - £300

Where do you live (what country): I live in Britain and use the pound

-Is there a retailer you prefer: No

Do you need or already have peripherals? Yes (mouse, keyboard, monitor)

What will you be using your future computer for? I would be using my PC to animate (2d and 3d), 3D rendering and design, video editing, and of course, gaming.

Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking? I have no idea how but if it improves performance, I would be willing to learn

Do you plan on going for custom watercooling now, or in the future? Not really

OS. Do you need a new one? No, I have Windows 7 and I like it

If you Game-

What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at? Ideally as high as I can but not much below 30FPS

What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at. Ideally 1080p but that's ideally, I would be happy to go for 720p

What kind of games do you like to play? Whatever looks good (gmod, TF2 and yes, my guilty pleasure, Minecraft)

What specific game will you be playing? probably any of the above

If you Render or Edit things-

What application do you use to render? Autodesk Inventor and Maya

Do you render movies or just photoshop pictures? just photoshop but would like to get into rendering films

Other Notes:

This is going to be my first build but I am a quick learner and it looks simple enough ;)

Thanks for the help, much appreciated,

Xvantok

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

here..

TBA~

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

I think you're trolling. you demand the impossible.. all that work for £300?! lol >.> you need at least a £800-£1000 build. .. you will still be able to do such things but. no. no man. with a dual core all that.. like never + you need a strong amd card. you can use @MattWakey build, but again u need at least 8gb ram a true quad core. good luck with this build.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

You are asking the unthinkable, you are going to need to spend at least 600pounds. 

I would put in an i5

8GB of ram

And a very strong graphics card GTX 600 series at least

That's not true, you could quite easily build a decent enough computer for that money, but as with most things the more you spend the faster it will be. I'd suggest maybe looking at buying second hand, I got an i5-3570k and Gigabyte Z77X-D3H for I think about £120 off ebay. Although if buying new AMD is most definitely the way to go I'd say...

Thank you.

Wardojack.

Second one is nice

For gaming and that's about it:)

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Pious and Holy Demon.

Magic post number!

<--------------

For the budget, @MattWakey has you covered.

For what you want you're going to want either of these builds:

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK NEMESIS 70.2 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£51.94 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£74.39 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£275.96 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1067.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-01 11:46 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  (£101.94 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK NEMESIS 70.2 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£51.94 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£69.56 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£74.39 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£275.96 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £899.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-01 11:47 GMT+0000

For what you want to do, you can use a £300 PC. Nothing to stop you, but it will be a tremendous waste of time. There's a balance to be struck between buying what you need and what you can. If you buy a £300 PC it will do everything you want, but not as fast as you want. Someone else might be able to tell you how long it takes to design, processes and render high quality 3d imagery or animations, they'll tell you it will take a terrible long time on your budget. So you've got a decision to make: take the plunge and buy a £300 spec and learn to hate life, or save up and get something more suitable.

Pious and Holy Demon.   Magic post number!<-------------- For the budget, @MattWakey has you covered. For what you want you're going to want either of these builds:PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£249.99 @ Ebuyer) CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK NEMESIS 70.2 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£51.94 @ Amazon UK) Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£108.37 @ Amazon UK) Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£74.39 @ Aria PC) Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£69.98 @ Aria PC) Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£275.96 @ Scan.co.uk) Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.59 @ Aria PC) Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£59.60 @ Amazon UK) Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) Total: £1067.06Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-01 11:46 GMT+0000 PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  (£101.94 @ Aria PC) CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK NEMESIS 70.2 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£51.94 @ Amazon UK) Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£69.56 @ Scan.co.uk) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£108.37 @ Amazon UK) Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£74.39 @ Aria PC) Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£69.98 @ Aria PC) Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£275.96 @ Scan.co.uk) Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.59 @ Aria PC) Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£59.60 @ Amazon UK) Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) Case Fan: Antec Two Cool 140 Blue 33.6 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£6.16 @ Amazon UK) Total: £899.81Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-01 11:47 GMT+0000 For what you want to do, you can use a £300 PC. Nothing to stop you, but it will be a tremendous waste of time. There's a balance to be struck between buying what you need and what you can. If you buy a £300 PC it will do everything you want, but not as fast as you want. Someone else might be able to tell you how long it takes to design, processes and render high quality 3d imagery or animations, they'll tell you it will take a terrible long time on your budget. So you've got a decision to make: take the plunge and buy a £300 spec and learn to hate life, or save up and get something more suitable.

I suppose as he only wants to play game like minecraft, he could something lower like a 750 or 260x, but if he wants to render in 3d, the pentium won't be good enough... At least an fx 8 core or an i5, either way definitely not for £300

First Build:

Hey guys I am a new member to the forums and I am planning to build a PC I have looked around and come up basically blank so would appreciate some help from you guys as I reckon you all have far more experience than I do. Without further ado here is all the stuff (I think) you'll need

Budget: my budget is £200 - £300

Where do you live (what country): I live in Britain and use the pound

-Is there a retailer you prefer: No

Do you need or already have peripherals? Yes (mouse, keyboard, monitor)

What will you be using your future computer for? I would be using my PC to animate (2d and 3d), 3D rendering and design, video editing, and of course, gaming.

Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking? I have no idea how but if it improves performance, I would be willing to learn

Do you plan on going for custom watercooling now, or in the future? Not really

OS. Do you need a new one? No, I have Windows 7 and I like it

If you Game-

What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at? Ideally as high as I can but not much below 30FPS

What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at. Ideally 1080p but that's ideally, I would be happy to go for 720p

What kind of games do you like to play? Whatever looks good (gmod, TF2 and yes, my guilty pleasure, Minecraft)

What specific game will you be playing? probably any of the above

If you Render or Edit things-

What application do you use to render? Autodesk Inventor and Maya

Do you render movies or just photoshop pictures? just photoshop but would like to get into rendering films

Other Notes:

This is going to be my first build but I am a quick learner and it looks simple enough ;)

Thanks for the help, much appreciated,

Xvantok

For what you need, you are going to have to spend at least 450,

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/vdRpVn

First Build:

Well i don t think you can do editing on a 300 pound mashine but you can get a cheap bup powerful radeon graphics card and an AMD CPU, altho i don t have much experience with them.

I Think you can edit to an extent.

And yeah, maybe an R9 270/280 or something, maybe even an older 7000 series, again, second hand deals.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

The second one is good but Would it work if I replaced the intel pentium with an AMD FX-8350 and got a second stick of 4gb RAM? How much of a differance would that make?

you would need a new mobo

First Build:

The second one is good but Would it work if I replaced the intel pentium with an AMD FX-8350 and got a second stick of 4gb RAM? How much of a differance would that make?

If you give me a budget a can choose some parts that suit your needs perfectly:)

First Build: