Help installing GTX 980

Redcutter

Hello all,

I'm trying to install an EVGA 980 SC into my new build. It needs 2-6pin power on the card, but the PSU only included a 2+6 pin PCI to 8 pin power. I several molex to 6 pin adapters, but I'm not sure how to go about the rest of the electrical. Can I plug in the 2+6pin into the card, with the 8 pin portion going to the PSU and then add a 6 pin to molex to 6 pin power?

Thank you!

Hello all,

I'm trying to install an EVGA 980 SC into my new build. It needs 2-6pin power on the card, but the PSU only included a 2+6 pin PCI to 8 pin power. I several molex to 6 pin adapters, but I'm not sure how to go about the rest of the electrical. Can I plug in the 2+6pin into the card, with the 8 pin portion going to the PSU and then add a 6 pin to molex to 6 pin power?

Thank you!

If your PSU only has one 6/8 pin PCIE cable... you may want to swap it out anyway.

What PSU is it?

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I have a Seasonic SS-760X. I found the second 6/8 PCIE cable and plugged both into the graphics card and into the PSU. It's running fine, but I haven't really thrown anything at it. Is my current set up OK? This is the first time I've needed supplemental power to a graphics card.