DXRacer vs NeedForSeats MAXONIC chairs

Hello everyone,

I am currently in the market for a nice chair. I am looking for a chair that will also support my head, being since I sit in a chair for about 8 hours a day doing various IT administration task. Last week Linus reviewed the MAXONIC chair and those chairs look very nice. A great deal of my friends have also suggested DXRacer. I was wondering if I could get some opinions from various other people. 

I have contacted the support of both companies asking them why their chairs are better than their competitors. NeedForSeat simply replied that they have superior products with better parts. When asking NeedForSeat for scientific evidence the support personal stated that he had none but he has dealt with both products and states the MAXONIC seats are much better. I will past the email below. DXRacer simply responded that they do not have an opinion on any competitors. 

Thanks for your interest in NEEDforSEAT USA. Sorry for the delayed response. We've been really busy lately and understaffed; I've gotten a little behind on emails. The difference between brands is that MAXNOMIC are superior to DXRacers in every respect: they have stronger metal, better bases and cylinders, softer--more comfortable--foam cushioning, armrests with a greater range of motion, softer pillows, a tilt mechanism that you can lock into place in any position, wheels that don't scratch hardwood floors, etc. . . As to which chair would be best for you, let me know your height and weight and then I'll recommend the chair series that would best fit you. I hope that helps. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Make it a great day.

I have worked with both chairs for two years. You can take my opinion or not. There are no "scientific" studies comparing the two chairs. I've already told you the differences. Feel free to get a chair with a cheap plastic base from them. That is your choice. Let me know if you have any questions about our chairs. 

Make it a great day.

Sorry if this is not posted in the correct forum! 

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

Seems like quite a sneaky marketing strategy which could also be plain honesty... Have you looked for any other review sites, or customer reviews?

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

Seems like quite a sneaky marketing strategy which could also be plain honesty... Have you looked for any other review sites, or customer reviews?

After going on Amazon and watching various different YouTube videos it honestly goes back and forth. I will admit there are not many videos or reviews that do a direct comparison but the ones I have found point a slight lead towards the MAXONIC line. DXRacer chairs seem to be much more popular. The support team also responded faster to my email so that is also something to consider.

Maxnomic are so much bigger but they look more rugged and probably are far more robust in terms of build quality.

I don't know if DxRacer chairs are actually more comfortable or not, but they look it. In Linus' review, which he thought DxRacer chairs were a type of chair from NFS (they're competitors, lol), he said that the Maxnomic he got felt like it was more built for sleeping than sitting, more or less. It was built more like a bed than it was an office chair, ya know? I think you can partially blame it on the size difference between Linus and someone who'd actually fit the chair's max weight though.

DxRacer are more popular. NeedforSeat stuff I've really never heard anything good (or bad) about aside from what Linus pointed out in his review. It had no comparison except from his past experiences with X random unnamed chair(s), so I can't say anything he complimented was fantastic. The arm swiveling, recline, etc. all sounds relatively normal to me. At that price tag and the very likely ceiling-high shipping cost on the Maxnomic chair in particular, I'm not sure I would agree that it's worth it.

Dunno what the average DxRacer costs but it all comes down to that imo. If the DxRacer saves you a good chunk of money (over 10-15%), get it. If not, look into different chairs entirely. These are probably the biggest waste of money compared to what you get below their price and double it.

Edit: I forgot to say that the Maxnomic looks like it'd be sold at a Walmart/cheap retailer. I am quite positive the arms are mega cheap and would be loose/broken in no time. But that's just my opinion. Man.

Thank you very much for your input =D

I am using the maxnomic fort office work for 6 months now, cause the office chair I got from the company didn't really offer any comfort.

Build quality and comfort are excelent, I'm a tall person, and it fits me nicely. I love the 'lean back' option, which also tilts the bottom of the chair, the sturdy feel and the quality look of it.

It might be a bit overpriced for flashiness, but I don't think you'll get similar build quality and features for much cheaper. The 'ergonomic' chair my office supplied were in the '100 dollar less' range, and I wouldn't want to switch back...

Especially for something I spend 1/3 of my day sitting in, I don't mind paying a bit more to be comfortable.