What is a game server needed from the cpu?

fos1x

it would be nice if you gave us a little more information, it depends on the game more than anything.

It's directly related to the usage you will be doing on it as a simple computer. What usage you use it for ?

If you stream the game in real time from your server, you would need a better GPU, if you only share the game data CPU/RAM/Storage, etc.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

I think I understand what you're trying to convey but have slightly got confused with how to word it properly in a sentence appropriately. @dafo446

There are a lot of minimum requirements when running a server for said specific game, for example minecraft. <-- Cannot fully explain it properly myself  <_<

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>