First Review of the Logitech G910 Orion Spark? (Logitech's RGB Mechanical Keyboard)

Scionyde

Really like the G910 in front of me.

One point however is really odd - hope Logitech will fix this.

When choosing a gameprofile all active keys are the same color and you cannot assign different colors to active keys.

Of yourse you can create a schema on your own, all keys in any color you like,  but this you cannot link to a profile.

So this very essential feature is not to achieve with the LG-SW - most probably this will be possible only with the SDK. (not released yet)

But how many of us are willing or able to fiddle around with the SDK?

Already asked at Logitechforum, but still no reaction from Logitech.

This basic and essential feature has to be reachable easily via the LG-SW.

This kb is made to allow this and at time of writing this it doesn`t.

Has it been officially released already? I thought it was supposed to be sometime in November.

Logitech Germany was sending out preorders before official release - so in Germany several already have the G910 on their desk.

These aren't MX brown clones or generics, they're designed by omron who is a pretty well-regarded, old mech switch maker. Cherry didnt invent 45g.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Really like the G910 in front of me.

One point however is really odd - hope Logitech will fix this.

When choosing a gameprofile all active keys are the same color and you cannot assign different colors to active keys.

Of yourse you can create a schema on your own, all keys in any color you like,  but this you cannot link to a profile.

So this very essential feature is not to achieve with the LG-SW - most probably this will be possible only with the SDK. (not released yet)

But how many of us are willing or able to fiddle around with the SDK?

Already asked at Logitechforum, but still no reaction from Logitech.

This basic and essential feature has to be reachable easily via the LG-SW.

This kb is made to allow this and at time of writing this it doesn`t.

That seems odd not to be in there. Who wants to reset up a schema every time you play a game? 

can you save a schema ? if so it doesn't seem like it would  be hard for them to implement it. My guess is the software is like all software these days ...rushed  to get the product in our hands....then we wait for the fixes :-(

If that feature isn't in the current software and isn't coming soon I will be returning mine ASAP.

The Freezone-schema is saved automatically, but no option to export/import such a schema - so you can have only one.

I too think this can be done very easily and it is as you said - rushed out product with SW not finished yet.

However, as this feature is what this kb is all about this lack of feature makes me wonder.

Still waiting for answer from Logitech Reps - in case they come up with some weird argumentation why this is not on the SW and why it will not find its way I too will return mine.

Let`s wait and see.

Logitech Germany was sending out preorders before official release - so in Germany several already have the G910 on their desk.

Ah, interesting. So quick question - it looks like the 'G' Logitech logo next to the Escape button and the 'G910' logo on the wrist rest are permanently blue. Do you know if this is the case?

I would have loved something like a G710+ with RGB backlighting. Maybe the orange highlight could have been grey or translucent...

I literally had the mental thought of "This is gonna be go- is that a toy?"

I do not think it looks like a toy on my desk. (attachement)

Besides, it is a gaming keyboard, looking "toyish" (?) would be a compliment?

I prefer it over the G710, had one for 3 days, sent it back because of bad lightning of the caps, shift-chars not lit at all.

Without this foul would not have sent back - overall I liked the G710 too.

The switches on the G910 feel different, earlier trigger with slightly more force needed.

Tactile feedback is less than MX-Brown.

Coming from Reds most probably you won`t get lucky.

Volumewheel on the G910 is better in me eyes, more easy wheeling. Mediakeys are equal to G170.

What I miss, you can turn lightning on or off with the switch on the kb - nothing between.

You need to get used to the G-Keys, pretty near to the other keys - would have positioned them a little more far off.

Mediakeys are lit blue - not to change.

Profilekeys are lit orange - you cannot change this as well.

Color on image besides white is darker blue - smartphone exposure failed here.

post-155663-0-35453500-1414926520_thumb.

I think the picture I used in the OP didn't do it any favors - having all of those different colors all over the place probably gave it that "kiddie" appearance. xD

Perma-blue media keys and perma-orange profile keys? Blue and orange is an...interesting color combination. :/ I know it's a very minor thing, but that's a tad disappointing to me. If they had to pick a single color for those, I probably would've preferred white since it can arguably go with anything.

someone bless you for including a picture! seems to become really rare these days. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

The Freezone-schema is saved automatically, but no option to export/import such a schema - so you can have only one.

I too think this can be done very easily and it is as you said - rushed out product with SW not finished yet.

However, as this feature is what this kb is all about this lack of feature makes me wonder.

Still waiting for answer from Logitech Reps - in case they come up with some weird argumentation why this is not on the SW and why it will not find its way I too will return mine.

Let`s wait and see.

Yeah you would think that should have been very high on the list of MUST HAVE working for release list.

I have a two week return window so I'm not waiting long to find out. :-)

Logitech is not responding at all - not in their forum nor to my support-ticket.

What a louzy "support"

Logitech is not responding at all - not in their forum nor to my support-ticket.

What a louzy "support"

Have you tried calling them? How long ago did you submit your support ticket?

Those things are ranked based on priority, and if you're requesting a software feature, or asking a question about how their software works, well needless to say, you'll be put to the bottom of the queue.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Have you tried calling them? How long ago did you submit your support ticket?

Those things are ranked based on priority, and if you're requesting a software feature, or asking a question about how their software works, well needless to say, you'll be put to the bottom of the queue.

You mean calling them gives a higher priority? - Why?

They would note my issue and then it goes the same way than opening a ticket in their supportsystem.

I am not simply asking a HowTO -  I am pointing Logitech to a lack of function they should feel akward for.

Besides - no, I won`t call to the U.S. from Germany and there is no other number to call.

Support-ticket 3 days ago.

Forum - 6 days ago - posting always good visible at the top.

I think lack of a basic and essential feature like this  - really embarassing for Logitech - and the G910 being their top-keyboard might deserve high priority to work on.

Logitech obviously has another opinion here.

Many words.

I simply don`t like companies behaving like that when it comes to support.

I myself work in support - of course our supportservices are not for free and customers are more demanding and have rights.

Ewwww glossy!

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Personally, it seems like a decent enough keyboard to me. I'm a little disappointed that it's more expensive than the Corsair K70 (even though the K70 lacks macro keys and the K95 is $10 more expensive than the G910). 

Hmmm...in New Zealand, the K70RGB and K95 RGB costs $300 and $350 respectively. The G910 costs $250. Pricing is a bastard and a major role player in decisions :(

I guess I'll have to get the G910 xD

Blegh. That keyboard is ugly as hell in my opinion.

It looks different in person :-)