AMD 760k vs 860k

i was gonna order a 860k but it just went out of stock and the only one that i could find for a similar price was the 760k, im just gonna use my PC for gaming so is there any performance difference? and is there other AMD cpus that have a similar price that are better?

thanks.

Difference is lower TDP on the 860k. Pretty similar preformance, though. If they're the same price, get the 860k, but if thats not avalible, the 760k is fine.

I could be very wrong

i was gonna order a 860k but it just went out of stock and the only one that i could find for a similar price was the 760k, im just gonna use my PC for gaming so is there any performance difference? and is there other AMD cpus that have a similar price that are better?

thanks.

Lower TDP, which may get you higher overclocks.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

G3258

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

G3258

Idiot fanboy strikes again...

Did you even read the description?

Idiot fanboy strikes again...

Did you even read the description?

Its not fanboy. Pentium is quieter, you can oc on stock cooler if you want ( around 4.2 - 4.3 ) . And overclocked it is better than 860k

There isnt similar priced AMD cpu unless you want to spend a little more for FX 6300.

Its not fanboy. Pentium is quieter, you can oc on stock cooler if you want ( around 4.2 - 4.3 ) . And overclocked it is better than 860k

There isnt similar priced AMD cpu unless you want to spend a little more for FX 6300.

The title says nothing about wanting an intel cpu. Also he is a fanboy every time an AMD topic gets brought up he goes out of his way to suggest intel...

The title says nothing about wanting an intel cpu. Also he is a fanboy every time an AMD topic gets brought up he goes out of his way to suggest intel...

So, OP doesnt know what is better.

Its about performance. Why would you buy dead socket and worse cpu for more money?

Why would you care about COMPANY BIAS if you dont gain anything by it?

I dont care about second sentence. Intel has good gaming processors. There is no AMD product that you cannot be replaced by intel for gaming with same budget.