Minecraft performance problem V2

Redicat
Go to solution Solved by lockongames,

Well i don't see your problem you said minimum 60 max like over 200. and then in another post you said that it sometimes dips below 30 fps. that's normal especially in multiplayer. your framerates are more than just good infact they are freaking high, so i really just do NOT see what you are complaining about.

I'll make this because i'm still not happy with my Minecraft FPS 

MY FPS

MIN 65 MAX 200 AVG 80 Using these settings: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/minecraft.gamepedia.com/8/8a/14w30c_video_settings.png

So i did go to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hardware_performance and i found some benchmarks almost the same as mine 250-300 FPS but i don't even have CLOSE to that ;-;

Specs + Temps while playing 

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 36 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333 TOTAL MHz (9-9-9-24) Not my ram like seriously? lol.

Motherboard
ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP (CPUSocket) 28 °C

Graphics
Acer P226HQV (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (ASRock)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 34 °C

Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (SSD WINDOWS 8 PRO 64 BITs) 29 °C (MINECRAFT)
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 (SATA) 19 °C
931GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA) 24 °C
298GB Western Digital WD 3200BMV External USB Device (SSD) 22 °C
7GB SanDisk Cruzer Facet USB Device (USB)

My system BENCMARK

Buying I7 2600K MAYBE? LINK 3.8ghz

Or is this just normall??  :(

SDD= AHCI and RAPID mode 

IT RUNS SOOO CRAPPY frame drops BY ALOT and many chunk updates!!! 

I'ts freakin installed on the SDD its not used to load chunks soo slowly 

IS this my CPU???

CPU can't handle RAPID mode?

ALL drivers have installed on my PC and UPDATED to the latest version.

I'm soo pissed now!  :angry: I HATE JAVA!
I1rjLjR.png

What's wrong with 60-200 fps?

Well it is not running smooth like LAGGING

SOMETIMES its lower then 30FPS :(

I think that the best upgrade possible for your system right now is a GTX 970, or other better graphics cards. It's like Linus was saying in the 980 SLI video recently: average and maximum frame rates are almost obsolete these days: you want to measure the smoothness. How is your computer performing in other games? Despite the awesome optimisations in rendering, due to some new mob behaviours regarding avoiding creeper explosions, Minecraft has been performing pretty badly of recent. If you perform below average in other games too, there must be a bottleneck in your system somewhere, eg. PSU is no longer working adequately, But I'd recommend the following:

• Go back to Minecraft 1.7. See if your frame rates are still bad, this will tell you whether it's your Minecraft version which is the problem.
  • Check your PSU isn't the problem. I honestly don't know how to check this, there is probably software or methods people can tell you if you post a new thread on the forums about this.
  • Upgrade your GPU. I'll say this, although I'm sure the 760 is perfectly good enough for your uses.
  • Upgrade your CPU(?) This could fix although because of that graph you showed, it seems like your CPU is doing just fine. Although, if you do decide to upgrade, be sure to buy an i5, unless you need it an i7 is a waste of money.

Hope this helps!

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

It's like Linus was saying in the 980 SLI video recently: average and maximum frame rates are almost obsolete these days: you want to measure the smoothness. 

If you make the maximum frame rate at 60 or like 70 fps it will feel smoother even though you aren't reaching 200 fps. (Also your RAM is a little slow...)Plus on my old rig I had a gtx 660 and a fx-6350 and playing minecraft would get me min and max framerates of 250-300 (i determined my HDD was a bottleneck so i couldnt go higher) so I'm not sure why you are getting odd numbers. Either way I think you should limit your frame rate to like 60 fps.

I think that the best upgrade possible for your system right now is a GTX 970, or other better graphics cards. It's like Linus was saying in the 980 SLI video recently: average and maximum frame rates are almost obsolete these days: you want to measure the smoothness. How is your computer performing in other games? Despite the awesome optimisations in rendering, due to some new mob behaviours regarding avoiding creeper explosions, Minecraft has been performing pretty badly of recent. If you perform below average in other games too, there must be a bottleneck in your system somewhere, eg. PSU is no longer working adequately, But I'd recommend the following:

• Go back to Minecraft 1.7. See if your frame rates are still bad, this will tell you whether it's your Minecraft version which is the problem.
  • Check your PSU isn't the problem. I honestly don't know how to check this, there is probably software or methods people can tell you if you post a new thread on the forums about this.
  • Upgrade your GPU. I'll say this, although I'm sure the 760 is perfectly good enough for your uses.
  • Upgrade your CPU(?) This could fix although because of that graph you showed, it seems like your CPU is doing just fine. Although, if you do decide to upgrade, be sure to buy an i5, unless you need it an i7 is a waste of money.

Hope this helps!

Argh i'm like crying when i saw the release video of the GTX 970 like how cheap it is an how good it runs and the PSU? omg i don't know but i picked that random i just... picked one don't know how to check that

MY pc upgrade post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/226455-upgrading-pc-300-euro-ssd-compatible-motherboard/

Really i'm an idiot.

Did i just waste 450 euro's?

The 780 is still an amazing card don't worry bro. In general I have noticed that minecraft is really bad at life (benchmarks never make sense) everything from what RAM you have to your OS makes a huge difference - or not- its really odd.

Anyways...make the max frame rate and see how it feels!

The 780 is still an amazing card don't worry bro. In general I have noticed that minecraft is really bad at life (benchmarks never make sense) everything from what RAM you have to your OS makes a huge difference - or not- its really odd.

760*

I hate JAVA but i think i can make WAY better framerates if some 1 had to comeup with a fix :/

Notting improved by downgrading to 1.7

He's got a 760...

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

He's got a 760...

760*

I hate JAVA but i think i can make WAY better framerates if some 1 had to comeup with a fix :/

Notting improved by downgrading to 1.7

Sorry bout that. 

Well i don't see your problem you said minimum 60 max like over 200. and then in another post you said that it sometimes dips below 30 fps. that's normal especially in multiplayer. your framerates are more than just good infact they are freaking high, so i really just do NOT see what you are complaining about.

have you tried adding more ram in minecraft because it could be that your frame rates are being limited by the amount of ram that is allocated to minecraft.

Quit Chrome or any other browser before launching Minecraft and you should be fine. I've had FPS spikes and this solved it for me.

I hope this helps! :)

PC in Profile

Oh k but like 1.8 laggs alot ;-; like really i hope Microsoft is gonna improve this... Minecraft 2.0 they said? well get it out now :3 a NON-JAVA minecraft game :) 

Like really java sucks.

Well its not that bad atually i was hoping to get better framerates with shaders :/

have you tried adding more ram in minecraft because it could be that your frame rates are being limited by the amount of ram that is allocated to minecraft.

Yeah i kinda forgot to tell that i've set it to 3gb RAM.

Quit Chrome or any other browser before launching Minecraft and you should be fine. I've had FPS spikes and this solved it for me.

I hope this helps! :)

Yeah quit chrome will help, thank you!

But no wait... i'm not marking it solved yet i've seen a guy with the same specs as me if he locks the framerate it doesnt get  lower  for example 60 fps and it does not go like 54 fps randomly each 2-5 seconds.

Well this happends with me like if i lock it on 60 it goes to 54 or less sometimes. :/

Jep true i'm not lagging while recording also... i found it its pritty mutch normall.

Minecraft's amazingly stable frame rate is the real problem.  I get about 300-350 fps but It still tends to drop below 30 when I'm playing.