New mouse

AlmondNoTitties

Hi guys,

I'm aiming to purchase a new mouse and the options at the moment are Steel series Rival and Razer Deathadder 2013 edition. They are both at the same price range here in the UK. I'm going to be using the mouse for FPS and MOBA games mostly. I need your opinions on which one i should go for or suggestions for better subsitutions for the two up there. The max I'm willing to spend is £60.

*i have the steelseries kinzu v2 and it is really comfortable for me to use, but is a little too small for me*

Hi guys,

I'm aiming to purchase a new mouse and the options at the moment are Steel series Rival and Razer Deathadder 2013 edition. They are both at the same price range here in the UK. I'm going to be using the mouse for FPS and MOBA games mostly. I need your opinions on which one i should go for or suggestions for better subsitutions for the two up there. The max I'm willing to spend is £60.

I'd go with the Razer, or if u want a suggestion Corsair's M45-M65 are good... Roccat ones too and Mad Catz are strange but well made

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Deathadder is a really popular mouse and people seem to really like it. My vote goes to the Deathadder.

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

they are both good mice. only thing to really mention about them is some people find the Rival too skinny.

There are so many good mice depending on what you're looking for.

Zowie FK1 would be another mouse to recommend

Mionix Avior 7000 would be another good mouse

Logitech g402 another.

I'd go with the Razer, or if u want a suggestion Corsair's M45-M65 are good... Roccat ones too and Mad Catz are strange but well made

Oh damn i forgot about the Corsair mice, the M65 veneance would come to play here as well, as it has the "sniper" button and on the go dpi switch

they are both good mice. only thing to really mention about them is some people find the Rival too skinny.

There are so many good mice depending on what you're looking for.

Zowie FK1 would be another mouse to recommend

Mionix Avior 7000 would be another good mouse

Logitech g402 another.

Thank you for the recommendations, the only issue i have with the deathadder is that it doesnt have the dpi switch button on the top like the rival has.

Thank you for all your suggestions, still thinking what to get. Please keep them coming :) Btw does anyone know if the Razer Deathadder 2013, Logitech G402, SteelSeries Rival and the Vengeance m65 have accelerated movement (or whatever it is called)?

Thank you for all your suggestions, still thinking what to get. Please keep them coming :) Btw does anyone know if the Razer Deathadder 2013, Logitech G402, SteelSeries Rival and the Vengeance m65 have accelerated movement (or whatever it is called)?

the m65 does, the others do not

Thank you, i won't be going with the m65 then i guess. The hardware acceleration isn't good for competitive play in CS:GO i'd guess. I think ill go with the razer deathadder 2013 because it's £43 here in the UK reduced from £76.

Just because it is a laser sensor, doesnt mean it has acceleration. I have the m65 and i havent noticed any acceleration. :P

Just because it is a laser sensor, doesnt mean it has acceleration. I have the m65 and i havent noticed any acceleration. :P

just because you haven't noticed acceleration doesn't mean it doesn't have acceleration. There isn't a mouse with acceleration on it that some people claim not to notice any acceleration on. I have even talked to competitive players that used to use mice with acceleration and didn't notice it until they switched to one without acceleration.

It isn't because it is laser, its because i know it has the A9800 sensor and i know the A9800 sensor has speed related variance at the manufacture level, that only pixart could fix and that they haven't fixed it, so every mouse from every mouse company that uses a A9800 has speed related variance.

I'd say from experience that acceleration is noticable with mouses. I had a HP mouse with a "1000 dpi" but it just felt like 400 dpi tweaked by the system to move faster. It's less noticable with the Kinzu v2, but this poor baby is failing me now as i was using it for the past years and is the reason why im getting a new mouse.

just because you haven't noticed acceleration doesn't mean it doesn't have acceleration. There isn't a mouse with acceleration on it that some people claim not to notice any acceleration on. I have even talked to competitive players that used to use mice with acceleration and didn't notice it until they switched to one without acceleration.

It isn't because it is laser, its because i know it has the A9800 sensor and i know the A9800 sensor has speed related variance at the manufacture level, that only pixart could fix and that they haven't fixed it, so every mouse from every mouse company that uses a A9800 has speed related variance.

Its probably because I was using a laser mouse with TONS of acceleration before I started using the m65, so the m65 felt like it had no acceleration.

I'd say from experience that acceleration is noticable with mouses. I had a HP mouse with a "1000 dpi" but it just felt like 400 dpi tweaked by the system to move faster. It's less noticable with the Kinzu v2, but this poor baby is failing me now as i was using it for the past years and is the reason why im getting a new mouse.

well, it depends on the severity of the acceleration and your experience with other mice without acceleration, how noticeable it is. the 9800 isn't the worst offender, but it also, isn't a trivial amount of acceleration like the 3310 or 3090.

well, it depends on the severity of the acceleration and your experience with other mice without acceleration, how noticeable it is. the 9800 isn't the worst offender, but it also, isn't a trivial amount of acceleration like the 3310 or 3090.

The acceleration with the HP mouse was so bad i had around 10% accuracy in BF4 and couldn't get a single headshot in in CS:GO. When i started using kinzu the accuracy went up a lot and now i can almost get 5 in 10 headshots in CS:GO.

Thank you guys for the support. I got the Deathadder 2013 edition at the end as i think its the best thing i can get for myself at the price range (£43). Thank you for all your ideas and suggestions. Have a nice day!