Overclocking

Mekel

Hello, i was wondering what can I overclock my amd fx 6300 to but safely?

Different with every chip, some will overclock very well, others will not.

The only way to know is to do it and figure it out, as long as the oc is stable and the temps stay at a safe level under load the oc is fine.

I would suggest getting an after market cooler such as the hyper 212 evo or corsair h105 if you currently use the stock cooler.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hello, i was wondering what can I overclock my amd fx 6300 to but safely?

U have to test it, is up to u and ur chip... Dont let the temps get over 80°C, and absolutely dont let them go over 100°C...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

You have to test your settings by doing some stress tests like furmark and make sure you test it for long enough (at least half an hour but to be sure do it for 2 hours) while doing this make sure that the CPU doesn't get above 95 degrees Celsius.

Seen the architecture you probably will be able to get it to 4GHz in normal mode and 4.5GHz in boost but this is not a guarantee.

I have a FX-6350 in one of my rigs and I OCed it with the stock cooler. I think I got very lucky in the silicon lottery because mine overclocks very well. Right now its running at a decently healthy 40 degrees idle-ish at 4.6ish GHZ and it turbos to 5.1ish. Under a synthetic high stress load it hits like 75 and while gaming it reaches around 50-60 degrees. (these temps are celsius).