Am I safe by doing this?

Bigsky108

Will I be able to run 2x Noctua F-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 PWM fans via y splitter off each fan header of my Asus VII Hero?

Would it maybe be wise to get the 3000 models instead or are they simply too loud?

Thanks for the help you guys have been giving me btw!

Yes. You will be able to with a Y splitter.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Yep, it will be just fine.

I'd suggest sticking to around 1500 rpm and less for most fans.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Will I be able to run 2x Noctua F-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 PWM fans via y splitter off each fan header of my Asus VII Hero?

Would it maybe be wise to get the 3000 models instead or are they simply too loud?

Don't bother with the 3000rpm, they are quite loud and nobody needs that much airflow

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

You can add a Y-splitter no problem, the rule of thumb is usually 3 fans max per header unless they are very power hungry fans, as for the 3000rpm series I would stay away unless you want a mini vortex beside you, just PWM control the 2000rpm and you should be good.

A good rule of thumb is a maximum of 12Watt per header usually a 140mm fan will use between 4.2 and 6 watts at 2000 RPM.

So you will be good with two fans on one header.

Thank you guys, I can't stress how much this forum has helped me and how quickly they've answered. It really helps us new guys =)