Mad Catz R.A.T.TE vs ROCCAT Kone XTD

ZeroSix

Cannot decide on this one! Despite having relatively small hands I have a wide palm and I'm a claw grip type of gamer, so I generally like mice that have some noticable width to them, which is why when I saw the Roccat Kone XTD and Mad Catz R.A.T.TE, I was torn between them, especially when the latter has a color scheme almost exactly matching the chassis I am looking to buy. Both seem to be on the larger side, though they are both very different in certain areas like weight, customization, etc. The R.A.T.TE is also on sale for $50 while the Kone XTD is at the usual price of $80, so that's also factoring into my decision a little bit.

But I'm looking for input. Anyone here own either of these products? And even if not, what do you think of them? I know linus has reviewed one but not the other, which doesn't surprise me since Mad Catz isn't the first name to roll off the tongue when it comes to PC gaming peripherals.

Tallgeese VI Build log coming soon!!
NZXT H440 | Intel Core i5-4690K | MSI Z97S Krait Edition | 12GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX970 Superclocked | Samsung 840 EVO 240GB, WD Blue 320GB | Corsair CX600M

Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zorin Kay'Van

depends if Mad Catz R.A.T.TE is a Cat or a Rat ??

if its a rat the Roc Cat should win by far.

(mouse:  hard to say whats best.. (different hands different minds) 

The corsair M65 and lower would be good options. I had one and it is quite a wide construction, well suited for claw grip.

Out of the two you mentioned I would take a Roccat over the Mad Catz for build Quality reasons

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I'd go for the Roccat. Only reason I got a RAT5 is the ability to scroll horizontally, but the TE doesn't seem to have that. Also it looks childish. Very comfortable though. As far as build quality goes there's nothing wrong with mine, really. I reckon the complaints have more to do with the intended buyer being more destructive in nature tbh.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

depends if Mad Catz R.A.T.TE is a Cat or a Rat ??

if its a rat the Roc Cat should win by far.

(mouse is very hard to say whats best.. (different hands different minds) 

This is absolutely mindblowing. Roccat, mad catz rat, who is the mouse  and who the cat?

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

This is absolutely mindblowing. Roccat, mad catz rat, who is the mouse  and who the cat?

there is no mouse !!! its just cat vs cat or rat vs cat!!!

ROCCATICIDE

The madcatz build quality is fine really, from what I've experienced. Honestly I'm buying a H440 in black and blue and the colors are almost exact so...
I like the Kone XTD and the RAT TE almost equaly. The XTD size cannot be adjusted though, but the weight can, while the inverse can be said for the RAT TE. I do like the form of the M65 (I've held my friend's M65 a few times and remember liking it) and the up/down buttons are in a really good place for me, if only it wasn't so ugly... or rather if only it was a matte black, at least to better match my case =/ Most of the upgrades I'm doing, I'm kind of going for a uniform scheme, the off-black gunmetal color bothers me. Otherwise the M65 is a really good buy also. Ugh so many choices!

Tallgeese VI Build log coming soon!!
NZXT H440 | Intel Core i5-4690K | MSI Z97S Krait Edition | 12GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX970 Superclocked | Samsung 840 EVO 240GB, WD Blue 320GB | Corsair CX600M

Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zorin Kay'Van

I currently have the Roccat Kone XTD Optical and it's my favorite mouse out of all the one's I have it is perfect for hybrid grip I use