Upgrading my current PC.

Doxxy

My family aren't really in the position to spare £900 to get me a brand new PC, so I was wondering if buying a 970 would really benefit me?

Would it be possible to just get a hammer and go to town on my 560Ti (by that I mean donate it to a friend who wants an entry PC), or will my other parts bottleneck it?

I o/c my 2500k to 4.1/4.3GHz IIRC.

Anyway, would a 970 be worth it and allow me to play games on ultra 1080p 60fps again and render videos, or should I save for a whole upgrade? (and a 3TB hard drive eventually c:)

EDIT: Can the 970 do dual monitors (preferably HDMI) where one monitor will just have TS or a movie up or something and the other monitor a game?

Hey.

My family aren't really in the position to spare £900 to get me a brand new PC, so I was wondering if buying a 970 would really benefit me?

Would it be possible to just get a hammer and go to town on my 560Ti (by that I mean donate it to a friend who wants an entry PC), or will my other parts bottleneck it?

I o/c my 2500k to 4.1/4.3GHz IIRC.

Anyway, would a 970 be worth it and allow me to play games on ultra 1080p 60fps again and render videos, or should I save for a whole upgrade? (and a 3TB hard drive eventually c:)

970 @ 1080p would be able to max current games not problem at all, it can hold it's own at 4k.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

It will run all games dw

Do you really need 3tb of storage?

Why not? £40 for 1TB, £70 for 3.

Also, updated OP with another question.

Hey.

The Intel i5 2500K is an amazing processor and will be great with the 970 and it shouldn't really bottleneck. And yes, the 970 will be able to drive two monitors easily.

The Intel i5 2500K is an amazing processor and will be great with the 970 and it shouldn't really bottleneck. And yes, the 970 will be able to drive two monitors easily.

Sick! Sounds like a plan.

Anything noteworthy I should remember about having a more powerful card, specifically nvidia / 970 (shadowplay will rock), or having 2 monitors?

I've never. Ever. had 2 monitors before so it should be an experience.

What kind of adapter do I need to have 2 HDMI outputs?

I have a SyncMaster SA300 monitor as my main 24" 1080p gaming monitor and I have some crazy stuff like DVI > VGA > HDMI adapter and my TV can only support HDMI IIRC but I am probably wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Hey.

Get an ASUS GTX 970 Strix. Your CPU won't bottleneck it at all. An overclock would boost your performance, but it is not necessary.

A second monitor is possible and won't slow down your (noticeable) performance in games

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Get an ASUS GTX 970 Strix. Your CPU won't bottleneck it at all. An overclock would boost your performance, but it is not necessary.

A second monitor is possible and won't slow down your (noticeable) performance in games

I am more of an MSI guy, or is it important I get the ASUS version?

My case is a Bitfenix Shinobi if that correlates with size problems and stuff.

Hey.

I am more of an MSI guy, or is it important I get the ASUS version?

My case is a Bitfenix Shinobi if that correlates with size problems and stuff.

MSI is good, but the STRIX version from the GTX 970 seems to be the best option

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen