Who has the most overkill setups for the intended use?

asim1999

At the moment I am running a 5960x, 290x, full watercooling, for maybe 1-3 games of dota2 / week. And a little programming in java. Although it will not be overkill anymore next semester, when I'll be video editing non.stop =P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I use my pc for YouTube 9/10ths of the time

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Some dude got 3 graphic cards in SLI, says that his PC is "da bomb"... all he use the computer for is facebook. He hardly ever play games and when he does, it basically mobile quality type of games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Any average PC user who gets an i7 for basic home use, like word processing and web browsing. This always annoys me. An i3 is adequate for that, maybe i5.

That said, my rig is a little overkill. i7 4770k, r9 290 for gaming, programming and daily web browsing. Full specs in my profile if you want to judge how overkill

for things like facebook you need at least 1,000GHZ CPU

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

• 2 weeks later...

3 Titans and 64Gb RAM ploughing through 1100W when she is stressed, might be considered overkill to some..  :unsure:

My friend recently build an X99 5930K and GTX970 SLI + 32GB ram and a PCIe ( OCZ) 960GB SSD. The only game he plays is CS and LoL. Major overkill.

Interested in Business and Technology

i use a X31 on a non overclockable chip just for looks

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

i7-2600K @ 5GHz with an ASUS 7970 DirectCU II. So far I use it for TF2, but I emulate Wii games as well, so I actually do need the horsepower.

i only need to cool one can of dew but i have this.

post-142539-0-73076500-1418102872_thumb.

lol JK my set up does what i want it to do with a little head room.

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013

FX-8350, 16GB of ram, and a 7990 for minecraft & browsing the internet, and sometimes occasional CS:GO :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I wouldn't call my build overkill. But I rarely ever do content production, so this 4790k isn't really necessary. Though when I do finally get non-shitty internet I can finally start doing 1080p, 60fps streams. I do need the two 780's for my monitor though.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Mines overkill for 800x600

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You have a 5.1GHz 3770k and a 212 Evo for cooling? F**king bulls**t! xD

I got 5.06Ghz @ about 75*C load with my 3570K on a Cooler Master Hyper 412 cooler. A 212 EVO would probably do the same at around 85-90*C.

Heat output is not decided by frequency, but by voltage. Some chips will do that well with moderately high but still safe voltage. As I wanted my voltage below 1.3v, I dialed mine back to 4.8Ghz. (1.28v)

FX-8350, 16GB of ram, and a 7990 for minecraft & browsing the internet, and sometimes occasional CS:GO  :P

That's not overkill, you could dial "down" to an i3 and run Minecraft better (depending on your OC with the 8350 of course)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I got 5.06Ghz @ about 75*C load with my 3570K on a Cooler Master Hyper 412 cooler. A 212 EVO would probably do the same at around 85-90*C.

Heat output is not decided by frequency, but by voltage. Some chips will do that well with moderately high but still safe voltage. As I wanted my voltage below 1.3v, I dialed mine back to 4.8Ghz. (1.28v)

I know it's based off voltage, I am saying at such a high clock speed there must have been an aggressive amount of voltage, unless he seriously won the silicon lottery

I know it's based off voltage, I am saying at such a high clock speed there must have been an aggressive amount of voltage, unless he seriously won the silicon lottery

That's what I'm saying. Winning the silicon lottery. How is this so far fetched to you that you call bullshit? It's not hard, like 10% of Puerto Rico i5-3570Ks and 3770Ks will break 5Ghz.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

i7-5960X, Corsair Dominator Plats 16 4x4, GTX 980 Superclocked SLIs for Minecraft? Worth.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

That's what I'm saying. Winning the silicon lottery. How is this so far fetched to you that you call bullshit? It's not hard, like 10% of Puerto Rico i5-3570Ks and 3770Ks will break 5Ghz.

You don't see that very often with haswell :(, devils canyon's TIM didn't do much, I am expecting overclocks that are similar to haswell in broadwell.

Also does the place the CPU is manufactured have such an impact on overclocks?

You can't tell which factory your CPU comes from? Or can you??

Because I am building my first PC, with a 4790k very soon and I want it to be good, I have a feeling that CPU's that are bought in the holiday season don't overclock as well as others, just have a bad feeling about it :(

Also the stores where I am buying from are raising the prices of unlocked CPU's and saying that they are discounted -_-

You don't see that very often with haswell :(, devils canyon's TIM didn't do much, I am expecting overclocks that are similar to haswell in broadwell.

Also does the place the CPU is manufactured have such an impact on overclocks?

You can't tell which factory your CPU comes from? Or can you??

Because I am building my first PC, with a 4790k very soon and I want it to be good, I have a feeling that CPU's that are bought in the holiday season don't overclock as well as others, just have a bad feeling about it :(

Also the stores where I am buying from are raising the prices of unlocked CPU's and saying that they are discounted -_-

With Sandy and Ivy Bridge the general consensus on various forums (there are some deep threads out there with lots of data) was that Puerto Rico chips were doing better. The place of origin is printed on the heatspreader.

Is there a reason you're getting a hyperthreaded chip?

With Sandy and Ivy Bridge the general consensus on various forums (there are some deep threads out there with lots of data) was that Puerto Rico chips were doing better. The place of origin is printed on the heatspreader.

Is there a reason you're getting a hyperthreaded chip?

I know it's says where it's from on the heat spreader but is there anyway I can know where the chip is from before I buy it online, maybe I'll ask the online store to check idk.

I am getting an i7 because I do a lot of video rendering (In AE, premiere & sony vegas), Photoshop rendering and 3D work, and also because this will replace my current PC (With a 3770 Non-K) that I am giving to a family member, I don't want a downgrade by going to an i5

one of our corworkers was told to get a cpu for the office pc to run a beamer programm..

he bough 2x i7 4790k

Intel i7-3820 and a Sabertooth X79 for a htpc

for example: running 4 980s in quad-sli for 1080p gaming. people might say my rig is overkill, but i need a solid productivity machine as i am doing computer studies for GCSE and A-level and want to pursue this as a career.

so, who here has the most overkill rig for their use?

How the fuck does a 15 year old afford that?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s