Reasons why the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 Good/Bad

Daniel91

Hello everyone, I own 2 G1s GTX 970s inmy Gaming/Editing rig I love my babies and I've notied some good advantages and bad diasapointments in them. so these are sime what I feel about the card

Good

Awsome overclocker

Well Built

Great IO selections

Runs near silent

nice colour to match any theme

Bad

A very long card (May not fit a few mid tower cases without removing HDD Cages)

Out of stock most of the time ( It took the shop 3 weeks to get the 3rd G1 for my dad's X99 build)

Hard to order the custom EK waterblock for it (my dad had to special order the EK waterblock for it at a very high price)

Higher price compared to the other GTX 970s

A heavier card then most GTX 970s

so what do you think is it still worth the value?

I believe people who intend ot upgrade  by buying a second card to SLI in like 6monthes or 1 yr shouldn't go for G1s and go for normal ones  likr Strix,MSI Gaming, EVGA or just windforce

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread really is...for a single SKU of the countless 970's being released.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Those are not bad points of the card. They can be turned like this. The shop is bad and can not supply enough cards, your case is too small. How is being heavy a bad thing? Or more expensive. ;)

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread really is...for a single SKU of the countless 970's being released.

I created this thread because  some of  my friends have paid a downpayment for their G1s and still they are waiting it's been near a month and still no stock, and asked me " can you remind me why I'm paying SGD$620.00 and still don't see my GPU in a month?"

so I asked myself if the extra 50-60mhz of overclock is really worth the money and the wait?

I created this thread because  some of  my friends have paid a downpayment for their G1s and still they are waiting it's been near a month and still no stock, and asked me " can you remind me why I'm paying SGD$620.00 and still don't see my GPU in a month?"

so I asked myself if the extra 50-60mhz of overclock is really worth the money and the wait?

I don't think it needs a whole thread for it though.  Since they asked you out of forum, you can reply them and not create a thread just for them to read it?  I dono...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Those are not bad points of the card. They can be turned like this. The shop is bad and can not supply enough cards, your case is too small. How is being heavy a bad thing? Or more expensive. ;)

well heavier cards tend to sag like women's boobies and a C70 isn't that small of a case and some people said they had to remove their cages to fit the card (not sure if it's true), it's not just my fav pc shop even some other countries are out of stocks too

I don't think it needs a whole thread for it though.  Since they asked you out of forum, you can reply them and not create a thread just for them to read it?  I dono...

I wanted to know some of you guys opnion since you guys have been a builder longer then me

well heavier cards tend to sag like women's boobies and a C70 isn't that small of a case and some people said they had to remove their cages to fit the card (not sure if it's true), it's not just my fav pc shop even some other countries are out of stocks too

The out of stock thing is positive in a sense. It will get good coverage and it is good so people buy it so much.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

The out of stock thing is positive in a sense. It will get good coverage and it is good so people buy it so much.

I know but would you really want to wait a whole month for it? and I heard in some countries it's even worse up to a month and a half

Another bad is theres a chance of getting a card that whines under any load. example: mine lol gg luck

>.< hears your GPU *whines* like a wife that is pissed at you

ahhh my ears

>.< hears your GPU *whines* like a wife that is pissed at you

ahhh my ears

lol my ears do hurt after hearing all the whine all the time

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883