is triple G1 Gaming GTX970 air cooled a good idea?

Daniel91

My dad is running triple GTX 970 watercooled, I was wondering if I could do the same but without the watercooling (the watercooling  package cost alot in singapore)

I was looking into my dad's build and I thought it looked cool so I was thinking if I could do the same without watercooling in my C70

^ also 2-way 980's is a better investment in the long term

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

in 3way due to the thermal throttling it would probably be better to just do 2 way sli

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

Id go with blower style coolers in a 3way config. 

but most blowers look like crap,unless like my dad bought 3 EK custom blocks

Damn, you got a cool dad. My dad doesn't even know what a graphics card is, let alone have a custom loop 3-way sli computer.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Damn, you got a cool dad. My dad doesn't even know what a graphics card is, let alone have a custom loop 3-way sli computer.

yeah I know what you mean, best part is my dadsupports me on experimenting on building pcs

yeah I know what you mean, best part is my dadsupports me on experimenting on building pcs

care to adopt me?  :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

With some gaps and direct air flow, should be okay...

My dad is running triple GTX 970 watercooled, I was wondering if I could do the same but without the watercooling (the watercooling  package cost alot in singapore)

I was looking into my dad's build and I thought it looked cool so I was thinking if I could do the same without watercooling in my C70

so your dad is running a X79 or X99 platform?

Because on a Z97 platform triple Sli wont work.

Unless you buy a board with plx chip.

BUt they are kinda expensive.

so your dad is running a X79 or X99 platform?

Because on a Z97 platform triple Sli wont work.

Unless you buy a board with plx chip.

BUt they are kinda expensive.

He got the ASUS X99-Deluxe with i7 5980X processor  it's his office pc I think I told you about it bfore the build is about $4000-$5000 aka his baby

I still don't understand his workload on the pc it's got 8 threads and he still called that pc weak...

I still don't understand his workload on the pc it's got 8 threads and he still called that pc weak...

propably used to xeons lol

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

propably used to xeons lol

I'nm using a Xeon on my Z97 anmation editing rig  I don't feel it's slow my at all

I'nm using a Xeon on my Z97 anmation editing rig I don't feel it's slow my at all

which xeon?

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

xeon e3-1231-v3

ok, your dad might be used to those fancy 12+ cores versions :P

ok, your dad might be used to those fancy 12+ physical cores versions :P

If I had those CPU power I'd be the happiesy boy in singapore

If I had those CPU power I'd be the happiesy boy in singapore

18 cores *drooling*

3 way SLI is a waste, it scales badly and is only supported in a few games.

Best to just stick to two cards, then sell and upgrade when you want faster.

Linus is my fetish.