An enthusiasts guide to MPC-HC + madVR

Updates should not alter your configuration with MPC-BE, the settings are stored in the registry exactly for that reason (avoid being overwritten).

I was referring to new things being added or supported.

I've got a pure AMD build if you want...

Although, I did use the Coalgirls guide to MPC-HC and madVR...

Care to try mine? If it does and everything is good I'd appreciate if you could share the ini.

nah mate windows media player all the way. :D

We need to have a talk.

I was referring to new things being added or supported.

That's something that even MPC-HC faces, seeing as how it lacks many features that makes MPC-BE great.

Care to try mine? If it does and everything is good I'd appreciate if you could share the ini.

Will try when I feel like it...

I've got stuff to do today after The WAN Show so it might take a while...

Bring it :D i am feeling a bit lonely :(

Lol ok well add me on steam or send me a pm. You should be able to find me where ever you look.

Will try when I feel like it...

I've got stuff to do today after The WAN Show so it might take a while...

It's cool, no worries. I just do this as I have time.

Anyone else given this guide a crack yet? Im looking for some feedback so that I can improve it.

• 1 month later...

I like simplicity, MPC + the updated versions of course.... is all I've used for years and years.

AMD guy here, is there an INI file yet?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I like simplicity, MPC + the updated versions of course.... is all I've used for years and years.

AMD guy here, is there an INI file yet?

Yep once I found it and what it can do I completely dropped WMP because it was a paint to make work with filter at time and MPC-HC was just a better experience all together.

There is not yet a amd one but I would be great fun if someone who followed my guide could contact me about making one.

• 2 months later...

alright so for those asking I fixed the link in my sig, sorry about that. LTT is clean but for whatever reason goo.gl still has it in its system that its not.

Both MPC-HC and madVR has semi recently had an update. This has kinda been on the back burner so ill try to get the update soon.

Oh BTW I still need someone to at least test a AMD ini if not make one for me. Post here or pm me if interested.

Or if you are lazy like me, you could download the Kawaii Codec Pack!!! http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack

This actually is pretty darn lazy install stuff put ini file in correct spot and done minus madVR setup but that's like setting up a game so besides the deafults I suggest and even those need to be done on a per system basis.

Also there is no real need to include LAV Filters any longer as it is included MPC-HC and updated when MPC-HC is. Also I dont know if they pre-configure MPC-HC as well but that is something I do is configure it the best from my experience of long time use.

The other thing would be that not that i dont trust someone else but I trust myself more, especially when it comes to that sort of thing. I do need to figure out how to use the registry rather than the ini files for MPC-HC was well as having some madVR defaults. This is not too high on my list of things to do though as it works as is. i would almost rather flesh out the more advance settings and setups to be easier to do.

• 4 weeks later...

how do I export my customized options from MPC-HC 64 bit, so I can install them on a new PC?

I don't seem to have an ini file in the program folder. 

I am using windows 8.1 

This actually is pretty darn lazy install stuff put ini file in correct spot and done minus madVR setup but that's like setting up a game so besides the deafults I suggest and even those need to be done on a per system basis.

Also there is no real need to include LAV Filters any longer as it is included MPC-HC and updated when MPC-HC is. Also I dont know if they pre-configure MPC-HC as well but that is something I do is configure it the best from my experience of long time use.

The other thing would be that not that i dont trust someone else but I trust myself more, especially when it comes to that sort of thing. I do need to figure out how to use the registry rather than the ini files for MPC-HC was well as having some madVR defaults. This is not too high on my list of things to do though as it works as is. i would almost rather flesh out the more advance settings and setups to be easier to do.

The thing is, tinkering with the settings either means trial and error or actually knowing what the settings do. For most people, both of these options are impractical as they require a lot of time. Personally, Kawaii Codec Pack is the only reason why I'm using MPC-HC and not VLC instead. And I am by far not a newcomer to watching video on the PC, been doing it on a daily basis for close to a decade now.

As for trusting the adjustments of someone else: There are actual people whose jobs it is to adjust things, for example piano tuners. Not to mention that strictly speaking, you're asking that anyone who uses this guide of yours to trust your adjustments just the same, as you do not explain the settings you're changing.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

• 2 weeks later...

How does this compare to the iphone media player? I don't use VLC that much.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

• 3 months later...

Hey it's 'Steve From Logistics' on steam. I am hoping to get the best possible quality. I am pretty certain my computer will handle anything thrown at it *fingers crossed*. I pretty much just want to keep having to change settings all the time to a minimum. That would be preferred but I would be up for learning a few new things and changing some minor settings if the need arises for optimal quality playback. Thank you kind sir!

4PLT6a4.png

So what's the fuss about ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So I finally put up updated files for everyone, sorry about the wait. http://goo.gl/Ua6y1B

So I finally put up updated files for everyone, sorry about the wait. http://goo.gl/Ua6y1B

Still haven't sent you the AMD stuff... no idea what to look for where to look and I updated MPC and MadVR twice since then...

Also I'm getting slightly stuttery playback... which is weird...

Still haven't sent you the AMD stuff... no idea what to look for where to look and I updated MPC and MadVR twice since then...

Also I'm getting slightly stuttery playback... which is weird...

I should be able to make the AMD ini I just wont be able to validate if it works or not.

Are you getting stuttery playback with the new files and not the old ones?

I should be able to make the AMD ini I just wont be able to validate if it works or not.

Are you getting stuttery playback with the new files and not the old ones?

everything is stuttery...

I'll PM some screencaps of my settings later...