Is it worth it?

Shayannike.ps3

I was planning on upgrading my GPU to gtx 970, but considering that its gonna get outdated in a year or so since ACU has just released the Requirements for the game and the recommendation of the was the gtx 780 which is not much lower in performance than the gtx 970, so using that as a reference and Graphics fidelity on that game, If this happens do you think I should get a ps4 instead since the Game Devs just optimize the best, despite the fact that the GPU on the ps4 is around 5x lower than the the gtx 680, which is the minimum requirements on a PC, I mean the last gen consoles ( ps3) ran Crysis 3 with a resolution of 720p and no anti aliasing, which you wont notice since your sitting 4 metres away from the TV, and it ran pretty well for a system that has 256 of Vram. So I was thinking should I upgrade or not, I would like to get some suggestions and take them in decide on them.

Thanks 

I was planning on upgrading my GPU to gtx 970, but considering that its gonna get outdated in a year or so since ACU has just released the Requirements for the game and the recommendation of the was the gtx 780 which is not much lower in performance than the gtx 970, so using that as a reference and Graphics fidelity on that game, If this happens do you think I should get a ps4 instead since the Game Devs just optimize the best, despite the fact that the GPU on the ps4 is around 5x lower than the the gtx 680, which is the minimum requirements on a PC, So I was thinking should I upgrade or not, I would like to get some suggestions and take them in decide on them.

Thanks

You couldn't get a GTX 980?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I dont wanna spend that much for a GPU

Alright, fair enough. Maybe you should specify a budget then. ;)

I would honestly get a 970, it won't be the only game you play on your PC so it'll be a well worth buy. I wouldn't even listen to ubisoft's requirements for the game they're a little wonky these days. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Don't base getting a console off of a Ubisoft game that's what they want you to do they aren't going to make a game that is that demanding remember they are the ones who dumb PC games down. To hell with Ubisoft boycott em. I have a ps4 and I can tell you I would take a gtx 970 PC over that any day

Heck! You've got some hate for Ubisoft there. Not that I care, just an observation.

its not just me have you seen what they have been doing to the PC

Nope, but I imagine it's bad.

under 400$

Thank you! :)

Get a 970...  Maybe wait until the 8GB versions are released.  They were just announced.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I wouldn't even listen to ubisoft's requirements for the game they're a little wonky these days.

Don't worry, next they'll be saying that you need at least 128GB of RAM and 4x GTX 980's in SLI to even run their games at 10FPS. :P :lol:

Don't worry, next they'll be saying that you need at least 128GB of RAM and 4x GTX 980's in SLI to even run their games at 10FPS. :P :lol:

LOL :lol:

Maybe Ubisoft should rename themselves to Noobisoft. I think it'd suit them better, what do you think? :P:D

@Deletive

Maybe Ubisoft should rename themselves to Noobisoft. I think it'd suit them better, what do you think? :P:D

@Deletive

Most suitable thing ever... they seem to have forgotten how to make games that'll be played on most peoples PC.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Most suitable thing ever... they seem to have forgotten how to make games that'll be played on most peoples PC.

Maybe they should sack themselves and hand the company over to a bunch of developers that actually PLAY video games.

*Lightbulb!* there's an idea! :D

Maybe they should sack themselves and hand the company over to a bunch of developers that actually PLAY video games.

You think maybe they wouldn't put crazy high requirements so people actually buy the game  :lol:

Computing enthusiast. 

They should hand it over to Microsoft turn 10 studios, which actually demonstrated Forza 5 on the PC for the Direct X 12 demo but doesn't release it on PC. LOL

ACU's recommended gpu was the 780 not because of the power, but because Ubisoft didn't want to spend the resourced to officially support a decent amount of cards. So they supported the 680, the 700 series and i think the 900 series and then said, 680 is min and 780 recommended. Which is horrible and Ubisoft is evil.

ACU's recommended gpu was the 780 not because of the power, but because Noobisoft didn't want to spend the resourced to officially support a decent amount of cards. So they supported the 680, the 700 series and I think the 900 series and then said, 680 is min and 780 recommended. Which is horrible and Noobisoft is evil.

You mean.....Noobisoft. :D

they are just lazy or suck at optimizing their games thats why they do it like "lets slap on something more powerful on minimum req's so no one can bother us we didnt warn them"

"It is complete. I have created a god. But I have no control over it."" -Ergo Proxy

Please improve your language, your text was very hard to read.

No, you shouldn't buy a console to play a multiplatform game. It's stupid. Even if the game is poorly optimized it will still be much better on PC.

If you are new to PC gaming, this might be bit shock to you. But truth is that nobody buys new stuff and thinks that it will be outdated next year. Nothing in PC world gets old so fast. Good, high end GPU is valid for 2 years. If you pay now more, it will be good for extra year or two. And maybe in future going for SLI is actually valid way to improve performance.

But if your debate is between getting GPU that will provide high gfx for next two years or buying console which will provide longer life time but will be poorer in gfx quality after those two years, you aren't really into PC gaming. I mean that you don't have to buy new stuff all the time. If you want to just play and enjoy gaming, skimp on gfx. If you want to enjoy gfx but gaming itself isn't that important, get console.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Don't base your buying decision on any Ubisoft game, as for ACU the "recommended" is a 780. That's... crazy. The port looks like it will be horrible sadly :(

I would get a 970 over a 780, as they have massive overclocking potential, and uses less power. Plus, it's cheaper :)