overclocking fx 6300 on msi 990fxa-gd65

x1fu5

Hello guys. As the title said i want to overclock my fx 6300 at my fav. number 4.5ghz. I know little about oc. Only trying modify multiplier and cpu voltage..

Currently my cpu voltage sitting at 1,36v and still fail in prime95 test (1 core will fail avg 20 minutes after start of the test). The heat is about 69 degree celcius. I thought of increasing the voltage but that reading fears me..

I know the way i oc was wrong.. Straight up the multiplier to 22.5 and test it at prime95. If it fails, turn up the voltage.. But these number should give an insight about the condition of my cpu. Coz ive seen 4,6ghz at only 1.3v while mine at 0.06 more...

Every CPU is different. There is no guarantee that you can get what other people got. Obviously you got a bad CPU and you will not get to 4.5GHz.

Stop trying or you will end up damaging it...you are already at the maximum safe temperature of 70 degrees C.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Every CPU is different. There is no guarantee that you can get what other people got. Obviously you got a bad CPU and you will not get to 4.5GHz.

Stop trying or you will end up damaging it...you are already at the maximum safe temperature of 70 degrees C.

current rom temp is 30 degrees celcius. but even if it was 25 degrees maybe the result is nearly the same i guess

i see.. thank you for the reply. i guess now its the time to turn the clockspeed down and try torture test it. maybe 4.4 ghz will be fine. is there any chances that messing with bridge voltage will help the oc or not? (if i use just multiplier i mean)

Edited by x1fu5

current rom temp is 30 degrees celcius. but even if it was 25 degrees maybe the result is nearly the same i guess

i see.. thank you for the reply. i guess now its the time to turn the clockspeed down and try torture test it. maybe 4.4 ghz will be fine. is there any chances that messing with bridge voltage will help the oc or not? (if i use just multiplier i mean)

Yeah try a bit lower frequencies until you get it stable. The bridge voltage would just make it run even hotter, so no dont do that :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Post what you have ram(number of sticks) cooler. and all of your voltages.

I can walk you through the process.

Post what you have ram(number of sticks) cooler. and all of your voltages.

I can walk you through the process.

i havent touch ram and their voltage..

Here it is..

n2hf0i.png

21bj6yq.png

Yeah try a bit lower frequencies until you get it stable. The bridge voltage would just make it run even hotter, so no dont do that :)

i ran occt for about 6 hours 30 minutes and prime95 about 3 hours and it seems all good.

b8jy89.png

And below is my cpu z screenshot.. i got confused,, i set voltage at 1.32v in the bios but why on cpu z it;s higher?

261htdy.png

i ran occt for about 6 hours 30 minutes and prime95 about 3 hours and it seems all good.

And below is my cpu z screenshot.. i got confused,, i set voltage at 1.32v in the bios but why on cpu z it;s higher?

Prime 95 causes the CPU voltage to spike above set limits.

Spoiler

Prime 95 causes the CPU voltage to spike above set limits.

well now im at idle, the volt remains the same.. Maybe its because i dont use the latest bios? there is a bios update on the msi site but i am too afraid of upgrading. because upgrading bios is the same as flashing android. If it hangs then my MoBo is finish lol

well now im at idle, the volt remains the same.. Maybe its because i dont use the latest bios? there is a bios update on the msi site but i am too afraid of upgrading. because upgrading bios is the same as flashing android. If it hangs then my MoBo is finish lol

If the voltage drops under load then increase the LLC(Load Line Calibration) higher and it will prevent, eliminate or reverse Vdroop.

Go into your bio and manually change your ram timings to what you see in the last column in CPU Z under XMP 1600.

That will tighten your timings from CL11 to CL9. Do you only have 1 stick of ram?

Soft bricking an Android is different then a mobo as most of them have a backup that they revert to in the event of a failure. 

If the voltage drops under load then increase the LLC(Load Line Calibration) higher and it will prevent, eliminate or reverse Vdroop.

Go into your bio and manually change your ram timings to what you see in the last column in CPU Z under XMP 1600.

That will tighten your timings from CL11 to CL9. Do you only have 1 stick of ram?

Soft bricking an Android is different then a mobo as most of them have a backup that they revert to in the event of a failure.

I mean hard bricked android. Soft bricking is easy but hard is a no-no just like mobo. Hahaha. No i have 2 x 4 GB of ram.

anyway why i need to tighten the timing? i have no idea about that :D