Water Cooled Surface Pro

Panda4915

So the other night, I was out watching a movie with my girlfriend. I get back to my car to find that a thief had broken into my car and stolen my school backpack containing my Surface Pro tablet.

I alerted the police, and they recovered the backpack and tablet the next morning from behind the theater. It had down-poured the night before. The tablet was sitting in a puddle of water. I was disheartened when I heard that...

BUT IT STILL WORKED.

IMG_1382.jpg

The thief threw the tablet apparently when he (or she) saw a password. The screen's glass is completely shattered. But the LCD panel is perfectly fine. Other than the glass, everything works perfectly. I was honestly amazed.

IMG_1371.jpg

So basically... The surface pro is a complete beast and something you can take swimming with you. I am just amazed that it survived that whole ordeal. I still don't recommend buying a surface though.

I am well aware that it was not a good idea to turn the tablet on without attempting to dry it with rice or something first, but water had entered the lock button and it kept turning on by itself. And I can't pull the battery.

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 13 - i5 8gb ram 128gb SSD  |  Tablet: Surface Pro 1 - i5 4gb ram 128gb SSD  |  Phone: iPhone 5s 32gb
Intel Xeon 1230v2  |  SLI EVGA GTX 780 Super Clocked  |  AsRock Extreme 4 Z77  |  250 gb Samsung Evo  |  EVGA SuperNova 850

> Thread title

> Mfw

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

As a surface owner, I will now gladly throw mine into a puddle. Or not. I also wouldn't agree to recommend the pro 3, but it is a hell of a good machine. What surface did you have?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

That bastard, what surface pro is that? 3rd gen/

2nd or 1st. The 3rd is bigger. And completely different looking. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Contact Surface support, they can fix it! (for a price)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Sorry to hear about what happened. 

But nice that it survived, hopefully someone from microsoft can replace it for you :( 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

2nd or 1st. The 3rd is bigger. And completely different looking. 

I see, I haven't seen the first or second gen Surface O.o

What the hey....

Sorry to hear about what happened. 

But nice that it survived, hopefully someone from microsoft can replace it for you :(

sell microsoft the story and they'll give you a pro 3

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Actually, that might work.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Oh I am so happy to be done with that device. It's the surface pro 1. It's actually my 4th one. The first 3 were replaced under warranty for oddly enough, the screen digitizer not working... 

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 13 - i5 8gb ram 128gb SSD  |  Tablet: Surface Pro 1 - i5 4gb ram 128gb SSD  |  Phone: iPhone 5s 32gb
Intel Xeon 1230v2  |  SLI EVGA GTX 780 Super Clocked  |  AsRock Extreme 4 Z77  |  250 gb Samsung Evo  |  EVGA SuperNova 850

It's not worth my time. Microsoft Surface support is a joke... I've spent hours on the phone with them. I just went out and bought a MacBook Pro... I'm loving this 18 hour battery life....Full_Size_Render.jpg

It's not worth my time. Microsoft Surface support is a joke... I've spent hours on the phone with them. I just went out and bought a MacBook Pro... I'm loving this 18 hour battery life....Full_Size_Render.jpg

Nice, thats even better xD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I was expecting something like IDK A WATERCOOLED SURFACE! 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It was, at least for a little while......

I was expecting some amalgamation of the full room water cooling project and the Surface hitting eachother in the face creating some sort of monstrosity.

But all I got was a Surface smashed in a puddle.... 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

all I have to say is

WOW

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii