BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Question

2spukie4mee
Go to solution Solved by MourningSouls,

Cooler is 160mm tall, case has room for 165mm. All good.

So I'm putting together a build on PC Part Picker, and someone recommends the be quiet! Dark Rock 3. The problem I have is that I have no idea if it's going to fit in the case I'm getting, which is the Corsair 230t. So will it, I ask you? 

(Here is the PCpartpicker link just in case you want it: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VrjP7P)

If the link doesn't work then let me know.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Bill Nye

Cooler is 160mm tall, case has room for 165mm. All good.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

It'll fit unless you're talking about it's bigger brother dark rock pro 3. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It'll fit unless you're talking about it's bigger brother dark rock pro 3. 

DRP3 is 163mm tall. Still fits within the space limits.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

The only thing that you will have to do is make sure to install your memory modules in the A2 and B2 sockets. If you try to install them in the A1 and B1 sockets the fan from DarkRock Pro will surely get in the way. 

The only thing that you will have to do is make sure to install your memory modules in the A2 and B2 sockets. If you try to install them in the A1 and B1 sockets the fan from DarkRock Pro will surely get in the way. 

That's something I didn't think about. I forgot it uses that oversized fan. If you're thinking about upgrading later to 16GB, I'd suggest doing it before you buy the 8GB kit, or you'll need to replace the fan or the 5GB kit with a 16GB one.

That's something I didn't think about. I forgot it uses that oversized fan. If you're thinking about upgrading later to 16GB, I'd suggest doing it before you buy the 8GB kit, or you'll need to replace the fan or the 5GB kit with a 16GB one.

Luckily I had the foresight to purchase a 2x8GB kit. Just for kicks do you think the performance of the cooler would be affected if the fan was put on the opposite side and used to pull instead of push air through the fin array?

Luckily I had the foresight to purchase a 2x8GB kit. Just for kicks do you think the performance of the cooler would be affected if the fan was put on the opposite side and used to pull instead of push air through the fin array?

They usually lose some efficiency, but it depends on the fan and the density of the cooler. It'll still work, it just might have to get a little louder to do it. But it should be quite tolerable still.