Can't use Intel Graphics with Radeon?!?!?

LIGISTX

I just reformatted in hopes of fixing this........... and it didn't fix shit. Maybe I am starting to remember why I am not a fan of the red team :/

It works fine on a fresh reboot, but when my computer comes out of sleep, the monitor plugged into my mobo PVI port doesn't work, the computer doesn't see it as plugged in, and if I right click to go to intel hd graphics properties on the desktop, it isn't there. Its like when I wake from sleep the driver just crashes and doesn't work..... This is friking ridiculous and I don't know how to fix it. all of my monitors use DVI, so seeing as my R9 290 only has 2 DVI's I can't really do much about this unless I get some converter from display port to DVI.... which I guess I have to do unless someone knows of a software fix for this. 

If there is no software fix, and AMD drivers for some reason just piss of windows or intel or something stupid, what type of cable do I need? This isn't an eyefinity setup as 2 are 1080p and one is 1680x1050, I just want all three monitors to work, ALL THE TIME. I shouldn't need an active adapter for this correct?

Nvidia NEVER had a problem with this, as soon as I decide to switch to the red team..... PROBLEMS.

/endrant

But seriously, does anyone know a fix? This is kinda infuriating.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

That doesn't work in general. I can't do it with my 780 either, well I can, but you need to do some specific steps etc to do it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

That doesn't work in general. I can't do it with my 780 either, well I can, but you need to do some specific steps etc to do it.

It worked perfectly fine on my GTX 470.... 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

It worked perfectly fine on my GTX 470.... for years....

I don't think it has much to do with your GPU. More the motherboard and the chip. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Can you tell me how you got it to work? I can't seem to do it. (with the 470 that is).

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I don't think it has much to do with your GPU. More the motherboard and the chip. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Can you tell me how you got it to work? I can't seem to do it. (with the 470 that is).

It just always worked. Never did anything special at all. Install windows, it would auto do all its driver stuff, install intel HD graphics, install Nvidia drivers, and they all worked in happy harmony. I go and put my 290 in and totally doesn't work, only on fresh reboot does it work. When it wakes from sleep the intel one doesn't come on, and it looks like the intel driver just crashes or something. 

It just always worked. Never did anything special at all. Install windows, it would auto do all its driver stuff, install intel HD graphics, install Nvidia drivers, and they all worked in happy harmony. I go and put my 290 in and totally doesn't work, only on fresh reboot does it work. When it wakes from sleep the intel one doesn't come on, and it looks like the intel driver just crashes or something. 

That's because it was originally part of Nvidia optimus to use onboard graphics instead of the dedicated GPU to save on battery life in laptops but they then put that functionality into their normal driver, AMD never put this functionality into their drivers/software so the only way you might be able to do it on AMD if if you find some hack online or buy a Nvidia GPU.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That's because it was originally part of Nvidia optimus to use onboard graphics instead of the dedicated GPU to save on battery life in laptops but they then put that functionality into their normal driver, AMD never put this functionality into their drivers/software so the only way you might be able to do it on AMD if if you find some hack online or buy a Nvidia GPU.

Wow, that is crappy.

I guess buying a R9 290 for 230 bucks actually meant I was buying an R9 290 for 230 bucks and then having to buy a 20 dollar display port adapter to make my third monitor work. Not chill ATI... Its things like this that make me wonder why I strayed from the green team :/

Wow, that is crappy.

I guess buying a R9 290 for 230 bucks actually meant I was buying an R9 290 for 230 bucks and then having to buy a 20 dollar display port adapter to make my third monitor work. Not chill ATI... Its things like this that make me wonder why I strayed from the green team :/

Setting the IGD Multi Monitor to Enabled has gotten worked for many but you only get the built into the card ports

EDIT: you want to use both at the same time NVM but you should only need $5 for an adapter

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Setting the IGD Multi Monitor to Enabled has gotten worked for many

What is this?

What is this?

bios setting also check the edit

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

bios setting also check the edit

I don't seem to have that setting. But I think I need an active adapter. A passive will not work from what I have read. The gpu can only output two dvi signals from my research. So I need an active adapter so it will output a normal display port signal and the adapter will convert it.

I don't seem to have that setting. But I think I need an active adapter. A passive will not work from what I have read. The gpu can only output two dvi signals from my research. So I need an active adapter so it will output a normal display port signal and the adapter will convert it.

oh... also see if you can find something like iGPU

oh... also see if you can find something like iGPU

I couldn't find any settings like this, but what I did accidentally do, and some how accidentally find a fix for this (I think, works so far...) I made I gpu the default display which for some reason made it so I couldn't get into bios. Which was weird. Cuz I still have a monitor plugged in.... So this didn't make any sense. So I decided to pull my gpu out all together. STILL NO BIOS, so now I'm thinking ok. What is happening here.

I swap some obit or cables around, and I plug another monitor into my mobo. Get into bios. Weird. I try the third one. Works. Go back to first one... Doesn't work. So I figure. Ok. This makes 0 sense but watch this end up fixing my issue.

I take one of the monitors that gets me into bios, leave it plugged into mobo, set default display adapter back to auto, restart PC with all 3 monitors plugged in but with that "problem" monitor in my gpu instead of mobo. Get to windows, put it to sleep, wake it up. Aaaaaand it works fine. I'm more confused than I was when I started. But all three work as intended. So. Problem solved...?

I don't hate ati as much now. Lol. Crap like that is just frustrating to the max.

I don't have the intel drivers....

Now I know.

I don't have the intel drivers....

Now I know.

Nice. Lol.

I'm just glad my setup is working. Can't figure out why that one monitor causes issues on the intel mobo. Weird part, I have two identical monitors, one of the ones is the culprit. Pretty weird why one works fine and one doesn't. Lol.

Nice. Lol.

I'm just glad my setup is working. Can't figure out why that one monitor causes issues on the intel mobo. Weird part, I have two identical monitors, one of the ones is the culprit. Pretty weird why one works fine and one doesn't. Lol.

diffrent cables ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

diffrent cables ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As you posted this I updated my ati drivers because the one windows installed wasn't the newest. And it broke it again. lol. Doesn't detect that third monitor. Its always the same one. I wonder if maybe that monitor has something wrong with it...? Or maybe cable yea. I will check right now which cables are which. Maybe it matters...?

This is the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced. Because there doesn't seem to be a logical reason for this at all. If it was a bad monitor, why does it sometimes work... It wouldn't decide not to work as soon as I upgrade drivers. But then it can't just be drivers because it looks like no matter what its the same monitor regardless of which port I plug it into (mobo or GPU). It is very weird. 

Also when the PC is booting both my main and the weird monitor show the same thing, they show the boot screen, but as soon as windows loads the weird monitor turns off. Currently main and weird one are both in GPU. They are also identical monitors. Friking weird!

Part of the issue might be due to the description of what's happening is pretty confusing.

It would help if you described what each monitor was connected to and which cables were being used. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Part of the issue might be due to the description of what's happening is pretty confusing.

It would help if you described what each monitor was connected to and which cables were being used. 

Thats just it. I have tried every DVI cable plugged into every output. I have tried every permutation of the plugs and wires I have, and it just doesn't work right :/

I just tried a DVI to HDMI adapter and it works, but the resolution is never right (I swear I have never got a PC to output HDMI correctly to a monitor). And since this GPU only has DVI-D I can't output to VGA which I bet would work! lol.

Ok, so I will try and rephrase the issue here (it keeps changing so its hard to detail). 

Initially, on first boot, all three monitors worked fine. Once I enter sleep mode and then wake back up, one monitor (always the same would regardless of which port or cable I used) would then stop working. Now, even on first boot this monitor isn't working. It works before boot, as I get windows loading screen on it, but as soon as windows screen hits, that monitor goes off. Now, it seemed to work PERFECT with whatever driver version was just installed by windows update 20 minute ago. I didn't write it down, but it was version 13.something, currently I have 14.301 installed. This is leading me to think its a weird issue with the driver not liking my monitor (even if the monitor is plugged into my mobo header NOT my GPU's).

The monitor is now working on HDMI, but the resolution is wrong and the colors are way over saturated (I always have this issue whenever I to use a PC over HDMI, with ever video card I have ever owned and friend's as well, I don't get it).

EDIT: reason windows update installed a driver on its own 20 minutes ago was because I did a fresh reformat to try and fix this as I figured maybe some nvidia/ati driver conflict was causing the issue, but the issue still persists after reformat. To be honestly, I didn't investigate it this thoroughly before the format, as I just figured it was drivers. But I am confident the same issues would have been had then as I am having now if I did investigate it further. Probably should have, as now I have this weird issue + reset up all my programs and settings :/

Hey roll back your drivers AMD latest drivers have been known to cause problems roll back to 14.4 that should help maybe.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Hey roll back your drivers AMD latest drivers have been known to cause problems roll back to 14.4 that should help maybe.

I will try this. 

Thats just it. I have tried every DVI cable plugged into every output. I have tried every permutation of the plugs and wires I have, and it just doesn't work right :/

I just tried a DVI to HDMI adapter and it works, but the resolution is never right (I swear I have never got a PC to output HDMI correctly to a monitor). And since this GPU only has DVI-D I can't output to VGA which I bet would work! lol.

Ok, so I will try and rephrase the issue here (it keeps changing so its hard to detail). 

Initially, on first boot, all three monitors worked fine. Once I enter sleep mode and then wake back up, one monitor (always the same would regardless of which port or cable I used) would then stop working. Now, even on first boot this monitor isn't working. It works before boot, as I get windows loading screen on it, but as soon as windows screen hits, that monitor goes off. Now, it seemed to work PERFECT with whatever driver version was just installed by windows update 20 minute ago. I didn't write it down, but it was version 13.something, currently I have 14.301 installed. This is leading me to think its a weird issue with the driver not liking my monitor (even if the monitor is plugged into my mobo header NOT my GPU's).

The monitor is now working on HDMI, but the resolution is wrong and the colors are way over saturated (I always have this issue whenever I to use a PC over HDMI, with ever video card I have ever owned and friend's as well, I don't get it).

You probably need to set the display scaling when using hdmi. 

Again, it would help if you listed how each monitor is currently connected and with which cables. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You probably need to set the display scaling when using hdmi. 

Again, it would help if you listed how each monitor is currently connected and with which cables. 

All monitors were connected with DVI cables, at this exact moment my "problem" monitor is plugged into my GPU with my "Main" monitor ("main" and "problem" are both Samsung P2370HD's) and my third monitor is a Dell ultrasharp from ~2007 and i can't remember or read the number on it right now. It is 1080x1050 with both Samsungs being 1080p.