Poll would you rather gpu or cpu performance to increase exponentially in the next 5 years?

LemonSpice

AMD honestly should increase performance on their CPU's.

But GPU's from Intel are should be an important goal in the present and future.

GPUs from intel?

wat

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

GPUs from intel?

wat

IGPU's on their CPU's.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

IGPU's on their CPU's.

Eh, i don't think it's nearly as important.

As long as mobile GPUs keep on the track they are, IE being on par with their desktop counterparts, that'll be good. Efficiency is the name of the game

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Eh, i don't think it's nearly as important.

As long as mobile GPUs keep on the track they are, IE being on par with their desktop counterparts, that'll be good. Efficiency is the name of the game

Nvidia and AMD will always have the high end. Intel just keeps trying to creep up on their low end pulling 25-35 for the whole package. Intel has 40% improvements with broadwell and 60% on top of that with skylake. Thats creepy pretty close to Nvidia and AMD's low end and beating the only thing AMD has for it's APU improved graphics... thats not even including Intel version of HSA.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

id like to see some large cpu improvements, maybe vastly increase core counts so we can some parallel computing going on, ans maybe some really advance ai enemies would then be realistic

I dont want just one to increase exponentially over the next 5 years. That would lead to huge bottlenecks that would render that uberhardware useless as nothing else could keep up with it. 

I am whatever I am. 

I would go with gpu, but not only for better games. Powerful parallel processing has many more important uses than just for gaming or graphics. Ideally i would want both to increase in power.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

gpu clearly :P cpu's are fine in terms of running the games being thrown at them, proabably will stay that way too, unless... ubi

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'd like APUs more than anything else. 

YASSSSS

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

CPU if it means actual exponential growth. 

That would mean say a phone with a CPU as powerful as a laptop. 

Of course it will never happen

20 years ago a computer in your pocket would have never thought to be possible but look at us now.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

GPU fo sho, I'm a sucker for good graphics.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

GPU, but not enough to the point where our CPUs can't utilize the GPU horsepower.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

AMD is coming with something up next year, just wait.

That's what they said for Phenom... and Phenom II.... and FX..... and second generation FX... 

It's not going to happen. AMD just doesn't have the R&D budget to play in the big boy CPU league any more. I think the smart thing for them would be to dedicate themselves completely to graphics.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

That's what they said for Phenom... and Phenom II.... and FX..... and second generation FX... 

It's not going to happen. AMD just doesn't have the R&D budget to play in the big boy CPU league any more. I think the smart thing for them would be to dedicate themselves completely to graphics.

I think their just gonna stick in the low end department. It seems like to me that they are killing of the FX line.

AMD is coming with something up next year, just wait.

That's delusional speak there. I'd argue that even the 290X wasn't the NVIDIA killer AMD implied it to be.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That's delusional speak there. I'd argue that even the 290X wasn't the NVIDIA killer AMD implied it to be.

I wasn't really sure about it, but i did hear something about a new architecture coming soon.(not sure if true or not)

It's like choosing between children. I cant possibly....

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

GPU should improve!

All power is needed, and some games only use a core or two on the CPU...

CPU.

If GPU performance is going to to increase exponentially, CPU performance could become a bottleneck. Research about CPUs can also apply to GPUs so it would be a win-win.

If it was a perfect world and bottlenecks never happened, I would have to chose GPU performance as I would it effecting me more than a CPU boost. 

Need that 4k so GPU.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

For me it would be GPU since the most demanding thing I do with my PC is play games.

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why