no cuda for rendering Please HELLLPP!

Tocsin_786
Go to solution Solved by Geekazoid,

last time they updated was in july..... just sent out a support request for them to acknowledge the issue.

Have you tried updated your GPU via the NVIDIA GeForce website?

so i just got my gigabyte g1 970 today. hooked it all up but sony vegas is not detecting cuda. it does detect the gpu and says that its a 970. but in render settings it says gpu not available (for render) how can i fix this. ive re-installed all drivers and everything and re-created my rendering templates. nothing is working. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Wait for a software patch to update the list of supported GPU's (assuming you bought Vegas... legally)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Wait for a software patch to update the list of supported GPU's (assuming you bought Vegas... legally)

i did buy it....legally.... and i should. the last patch was last month. but it still acknowledges that i have the 970 because it detects it in the "use gpu for rendering setting" 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

so i just got my gigabyte g1 970 today. hooked it all up but sony vegas is not detecting cuda. it does detect the gpu and says that its a 970. but in render settings it says gpu not available (for render) how can i fix this. ive re-installed all drivers and everything and re-created my rendering templates. nothing is working. 

vegas doesnt either? neither does after effects and premiere...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

vegas doesnt either? neither does after effects and premiere...

i guess its because its brand new. i wanna render a video to test the 60fps on youtube. just got a 4gb beast of a card and was excited to see how long it takes. 

i guess its because its brand new. i wanna render a video to test the 60fps on youtube. just got a 4gb beast of a card and was excited to see how long it takes. 

yeah well after effects only supports up to 260 GTX anyway... :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

yeah well after effects only supports up to 260 GTX anyway... :P

good thing i have a 210 laying around somewhere in my closet lol...

Gee, that sucks. I don't know why that would be. I use Sony Vegas Pro myself. :unsure:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Gee, that sucks. I don't know why that would be. I use Sony Vegas Pro myself. :unsure:

it really does. i cant seem to find any forum posts similar to mine. not even on sonys own creative forums. i guess im going to wait for an update. 

it really does. i cant seem to find any forum posts similar to mine. not even on sonys own creative forums. i guess im going to wait for an update.

You might just have to mate. :(

You might just have to mate. :(

last time they updated was in july..... just sent out a support request for them to acknowledge the issue. 

Just use CPU Power... There is absolutely no difference because Vegas doesn't know how to utilize it correctly.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Just use CPU Power... There is absolutely no difference because Vegas don't know how to utilize it correctly.

yea i did update directly from nvidia. and my last gpu (2gb 650ti boost) rendered a 1080p 15min. long video in 20 mins. compared to my core i7 2600 taking around 40-45.  still not as well since my friend can render in premiere with a 660 in about 8 mins.